cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto 360 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've put this in off topic but if should be somewhere else please let me know and if I need to pm someone to get it moved.
I've got the Moto 360 after putting my foot down and refusing to pay £300 for an apple watch. I'm using an s5 with it for now in the hopes of an apple app as there was lots of chatter about that but not only is there no word on the but the wifi update hasn't appeared and my s5 is still on android 5 as well with nothing showing even on kies to update. The s5 was a voda Christmas special offer that I unlocked so I am presuming in still stuck on waiting for the android update due to them. However anyone know more about the moto360 update I did see it's coming and it's delayed due to a Google issue but there's not a lot in it and nothing at all on the possibility that android wear will run on iPhones.
Any links and further info would be great even whispers of what's happening
Thanks
Pink
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Still working on it is all I could find: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58111/20150605/moto-360-android-5-1-1-update-still-not-ready-heres...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks that's about as much as I could find I was pleased it was getting the update and the wifi though this delay isn't looking good maybe I should have got the Sony 3 which I also was tempted by.
Message 3 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I gather Motorola and Google are blaming each other for the problem, I hope you get it quickly.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

To confirm about your phone update, yes, you will get it when Voda approve it, but the good news is that they are usually pretty quick.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Moto are blaming the Google update and Google are blaming some chip that was a cheap option for the Moto so yes each blaming the other.
I'm only on android 5 on my s5 but isn't there 5.02 already and 5.01 my friend seems to be finding the battery burn on her s4 is much higher. See this is why I like apple, we all get the update at the same time ( crashing the servers and making 7hr updates ) 😀
Message 6 of 44

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
5.0 is the latest for the S5.
S4 and Note 4 have 5.01
5.02 is due for the Note 4 anytime now so it may come in for the S5 too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so how come the s5 is behind the s4 isn't that a bit out of order it doesn't seem logical at least apple update the newest stuff and the older ones drop off the update first seems far more logical 😉
Message 8 of 44

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We will never understand Sammy logic - It's like female logic to us blokes tongue

Currently using:
Message 9 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We will never understand Sammy logic - It's like female logic to us blokes tongue

Female logic...beats you lot hands down...every time... Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 44