Monthly Book Thread - February 2021 📚

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

jonas-jacobsson-0FRJ2SCuY4k-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone!

I recently talked to Martin about his Monthly Movie thread and how great it is to be able to share our favourite movies as well as recently discovered ones. But since I am not only a movie-lover myself but also a book-lover, I thought it would be nice to be able to have a Monthly Book Thread next to Martin’s movie one. Martin mentioned a thread on the community from a while ago where members shared what they are reading at the moment, so maybe I’m lucky and some of you are into books too? 📚

I myself mainly read crime books, much to the surprise of everyone around me as I am a major chicken when it comes to horror movies. But if you do like a good crime book yourself, I have a few suggestions for you this month of books I have read over the past few weeks and months:

Starting with Her Last Move by John Marrs. A packing crime thriller that has twists all over and kept me on edge until the very last page. It’s about a young police woman chasing a murderer without knowing that he is watching her every move. Definitely a book you can go through in a few days.

The second book I loved was When You Disappeared, also by John Marrs (I see a pattern here). This family drama thriller talks about the story of a woman waking up to find her husband has disappeared and left behind her and her three children. Probably a book that makes you realise that hiding things never works.

Last but not least - The Puppet Show by M.W. Craven. Probably my favourites from all the books I read last year. Quite a dark book surrounding around the hunt of a serial killer who is burning people alive in the Lake District’s prehistoric stone circles. And I just found out that this was only the start of a series of novels. On to the next one now!

What are you reading at the moment? Or are you highly anticipating the release of a new book?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Translated as.....

Bug/ger all this for a lark. I am sick to my heart of typesettings. Master Bilton is no gentleman and Master Scraggs no more than a tightfisted Southwark knobblestick.

I tell you on a day like this, anyone with an ounce of sense should be outside in the sun and not stuck here all the lifelong day in this mouldy old By Our Lady Workshop.

Makes perfect sense to me @pgn rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
Probably 1M+ copies in the print run....

Bilton and Scraggs' version of a hybrid Bible - not tried to track a copy down, probably worth a read to see what other such nuggets made it into the published edition 🤣

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@TheresaV 

Just to say I've finished reading The Split and it doesn't disappoint!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TheresaV 

Oh that's good to know @Cleoriff! I have had some slow reading days so am halfway through but it's definitely building up. What are you starting next?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TheresaV 

Oh that's good to know @Cleoriff! I have had some slow reading days so am halfway through but it's definitely building up. What are you starting next?

The Other Passenger by Louise Candlish @TheresaV 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Directly downloaded it to my Kindle wink

signature

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Directly downloaded it to my Kindle wink

No idea what it's like. It was from the Richard and Judy book club and they are usually spot on with the books they recommend. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18