Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messy Forum - Poor houskeeping

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how messy the forum is just lately? There are threads all covering the same subject in at least 3 different sections all relating to mail server issues (as an example). I have also flagged posts with a request to move or merge which haven't been actioned Smiley Frustrated

Are all the mods on holiday ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, that's not the case, Liquid slight_smile

I really want to discuss how we do things. Not only for this particular example, but also for other things that you'd like to see changed. It's your community, so you should have your say, so I'd love to hear everyone's arguments for a change to this.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 11 of 19

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

If I'm right, those threads are probably started by new joiners. Which if you recall, I do favour a Moderator approved first few posts so we don't get multiple threads in the various sections amongst filtering out unsavoury posts (and may I add remove offensive usernames). Might be a pain for a genuine question but it will get answered quicker and avoid us redirecting them.

Message 12 of 19

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How about a message above (near "username | Sign Out | My Settings") that pleases a user first to use the search-function before posting blahblah...?

Maybe so some people search before they post the same problem in a new thread.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
All it needs is an auto search function when you start typing your post title. Many other forums do this and some even force you to similar threads before allowing you to post.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 19

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You mean if you type in something in "Subject", it searches in the forum for the same words? Didn't knew that's possible.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 15 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I like stackoverflows way of asking you to tag each new thread with at least one refrence.

And the search view by subject autocomplete is great. Not hard to implement at all but does use a lot of resources.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

You mean if you type in something in "Subject", it searches in the forum for the same words? Didn't knew that's possible.

Yes, exactly that CC.....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Using the smtp issue as an example.

I posted a link to the status page (once it showed the issue).

If o2 had come on and posted a lkink it would have helped.

But all the threads that were asking is there an issue should be locked with a link to the official information etc.

We see this every iphone launch etc.

If it was moderated in that way the multiple threads will drop off the board and only new and active threads will be bumped up the order.

Also any official service type status should be a sticky until the issue is resolved.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 19 of 19