cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man buys laptop for £300 but gets..................

Anonymous
Not applicable

.......................a photograph.   Details here   I've never used eBay so I cannot comment at all as to the "security" measures in place to prevent such things.  Presumably there is someway the guy can get his cash back?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Difficult to really say how duped he was as we haven't seen the advert but deceptive practices might be in play by the seller. Oh well....I would have filed a complaint saying the printout wasn't as described Smiley Very Happy

Saying that, I can understand if he thought he'd be winning what seemed a good deal. I've done that a couple of times (well more than three) and ended up with something worth 2-3 times that amount. Just happened that time, that the seller didn't so much as undervalue the items, they didn't describe it very well and put it in the wrong category so I was the only bidder Bouncy And still relisted the remaining batch at the same price, in the same category.... Destroy

But no, wouldn't buy anything high value unless it was something obscure enough thus you're guaranteed you've done your research looking for it for it to be genuine. 

Message 11 of 11