cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIFI France advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Im heading off to France soon for a few days.

Im planning on getting an Orange data or some sort of sim when i get there.
I've been looking at something like this;
Does anyone know if it will work in France
Regards
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCKED-Huawei-E5332-MiFi-MOBILE-WiFi-WIRELESS-Modem-Hotspot-MOBILE-ROUTE...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It says it's unlocked so will work with any sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Rich, Would this sort of thing work for me? Either on my netbook or HP Slate when I go to Spain?

I have said often our apartment does not have WiFi...and at present when I go, I use a local sim to get internet access.

(It could be a lifesaver if it works for me?) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi luke300586

Sounds definitely like a viable option for wifi / Tugo ! use etc.

As said i typically suggest using a local SIM card so one is not restricted to wifi use.

The proof will be in the pudding so to speak ,and I for one am looking forward to your update after using this gadget abroad. slight_smile
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Rich, Would this sort of thing work for me? Either on my netbook or HP Slate when I go to Spain?

I have said often our apartment does not have WiFi...and at present when I go, I use a local sim to get internet access.

(It could be a lifesaver if it works for me?) Smiley Very Happy

Yes slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5..... Thank you so much heart

I shall away and purchase one asap. wink

It will save the trek to my Orange ES shop (or more importantly waiting for them to open Monday...as I fly on a

Friday evening) :

What an amazing device LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff You will still need the SIM card with a local data plan to put in the MiFi, and as you may need to put the APN settings in manually, best to look them up before you go.

http://www.simcardspain.es/en/article/10-apn-settings-of-spanish-operators-for-configure-the-smartph...

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @aldaweb 

I already have a Spanish sim which I top up in Spain every time I go. (for a netbook I use there)

Its the topping up of this sim that really is the issue (as the Orange ES store I use, closes on a Friday...and

doesn't open till Monday (and if MONDAY is a bank holiday, then its Tuesday)

Unfortunately I can NOT top it up online, as it requires passports and personal ID in the shop in Spain...

(believe me I have checked out every single route and am stonewalled by the system in Spain Rolleys

What I didn't immediately click, and MI5 explained via PM (as it was a bit off topic) that I will still need to use

the Spanish sim...and therefore STILL need to top it upSmiley MadSmiley Embarassed

Soooo...I am seriously thinking of having WiFi installed in my apartment, to cut out this stress.....Good Idea

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
Soooo...I am seriously thinking of having WiFi installed in my apartment, to cut out this stress.....Good Idea

Way to go!:smileywink:

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It would be easier to hack into someone else's.... There must be a few apartments with it already fitted wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16