Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Now what.....?

Hopefully not terror related !

Explosion in London, United Kingdom

Explosion in London, United Kingdom

Commuters were reportedly injured in an explosion at Parsons Green underground station in west London.

Transport for London said the District Line was partially suspended because of a “security alert”. The Metropolitan Police said they were aware of the incident but could not provide further information. Firefighters have been called, and the Metropolitan Police said it was aware of the incident and its officers were also on scene. Witnesses told of an “extremely heavy police presence” and “quite a few people injured”. A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: “The brigade was called at 8:21am (local time). Fire crews from Fulham, Wandsworth, Chelsea, Hammersmith and other surrounding fire stations are in attendance.”

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well the threat level has been raised to critical - an imminent threat is expected.

Increased security, armed police on the tube. This is a city under siege. Takes me back to the bad old days of the IRA - only worse.

I don't ride on the tube. Much prefer the bus and being able to see where I'm going. Certainly won't even think about using the tube now.

It doesn't bear thinking about what could have been had the bomb actually exploded. We certainly won't be so lucky next time; and there will be a next time somewhere in the UK if not London.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So that means today wasn't just a "loose cannon" acting on their own.......we're not being told the whole truth are we.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 42

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Nothing surer than further attacks but the person or persons responsible for this today have their days numbered, for sure!
Hope today went OK for you mate?

A couple of minor complications Rich but thank you for asking. For what was meant to be a 2 hour operation,  I went down to theatre at 9.30am and back to my room at around 5.00pm surrounded by 2 doctors and 2 nurses and a few gadgets. All ok now I've had tea and toast 😁

I'm sure they will find out who was responsible for today's failure, not forgetting those hurt at all, but I find it a little unnerving when it turns out to someone or some group that is or was on a government watch list. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in our secret services but to be fair they have stopped a lot of atrocities. 

Message 23 of 42

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

So that means today wasn't just a "loose cannon" acting on their own.......we're not being told the whole truth are we.

They will know a lot more than they are telling us without doubt.

I also suspect the evidence left behind will lead to their demise.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 42

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The world is a better place for tea and toast slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 25 of 42

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Isis/Daesh clamied it for itself... That morons would even claim that grandma Helen fell off her bike Bang

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 26 of 42

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

Isis/Daesh clamied it for itself... That morons would even claim that grandma Helen fell off her bike Bang

That's for sure. Though why they would want to put their name to a dodgy attempt,  I don't know. They don't exactly need the publicity or is it meant to make us more scared. If so, they misjudge the people of France, of Germany, of the UK etc. It's all been said before with much more clarity by much better educated people than I....

Message 27 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The Police Commander in charge made a very telling statement. "We know ISIS put their name to most of the terror attacks which happen. Very often they have never been in contact with the perpetrators"

I thought he displayed just the right amount of contempt, whilst speaking with dignity....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 42

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well ISIS are looking for publicity and it makes good reading for their adherents.

We only have the word of lying murderers that they orchestrated yesterday's bomb attempt. Publicity attracts fools into joining them. That's what it's all about.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 29 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

BBC have stated they have arrested an 18 year old man in relation to the terror attack in London. They caught him at the Port of Dover

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41292528

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 42