cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat has a bug and cuts people off randomly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live Chat has a bug and cuts people off randomly -

Reported it several times but no-one seems to care.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Yeah I got that, but the phone is unlocked, so why do they want to use an O2 sim if they're not in the UK? 

No idea mate ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 93266 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Well I couldn't make heads nor tails of it so maybe the OP will come back and elaborate for us. I can't see the reasoning of using an O2 sim or bolt on abroad.

Message 12 of 20

Sammy63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies. So as to answer some of those replys, I am a Brit working in France, I have family and friends in the UK as well as an O2 pay as you go account. Before coming to France I have had an O2 account for 15+ years, I changed to a payg when started working in France. My original phone was the Motorola, compared to today, was a very basic phone which eventually died. I had  a 'spare' unlocked Samsung GT-N7000 and have been using that as my UK O2 payg phone, it has been great & no problems at all but I now need to receive text/sms Alerts on it but cant because O2 won't allow my GT to be registered in place of the Motorola no matter how much call time I buy because I did not purchase the Samsung from them.   So endeth my story. Again, thanks everbody.

Message 13 of 20

MI5
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Sammy63 wrote:

but I now need to receive text/sms Alerts on it but cant because O2 won't allow my GT to be registered in place of the Motorola no matter how much call time I buy because I did not purchase the Samsung from them.  

This is the bit that I don't understand - There is no requirement to buy your phone from O2 (I hardly ever do) and all my phones work fine........

It might just be that you need to register it on O2-UK network next time you are back over here ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 93266 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If you are using the same number then surely texts/sms come through as normal? Or is the problem a sim swap?

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know anyone else who has had this problem but me and my
Mother are having problems with our o2 bill. I have spoke to a guru more than three times, so has my mother, nothing has been sorted
Or dealt with. I keep getting promised I'll hear from o2 but never do. In my opinion do not bother with this online chat I have even phoned and made complaints and spoke to managers. The problem still stands unresolved now for over a month.
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 124193 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Are you just using Live Chat or have you actually phoned someone and spoken to a human?

202 Contract 4445 Payg. If you have done this and still getting nowhere then please use this link to complain

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have even phoned and made complaints and spoke to managers. The problem still stands unresolved now for over a month.

You seem to have exhausted all normal options so I wonder if @Toby can assist any further?

Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 124193 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have even phoned and made complaints and spoke to managers. The problem still stands unresolved now for over a month.

You seem to have exhausted all normal options so I wonder if @Toby can assist any further?

Yes indeed RolleysApologies @Anonymous I only noticed your post was unanswered for nearly 7 hrs. I read it too quickly I'm afraid....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
I'm sure he'll be in touch tomorrow @Anonymous so look out for a post from him.
Message 20 of 20