Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Latest Windows 10 Update Warning

@dgilbert2

Sorry

No all went ok, running absolutely fine.

Highlighted
Level 13: Prompter

Thanks, I'm pleased top hear it. I will switch mine on now and see if it does the update wink

@Anonymous wrote:

No all went ok, running absolutely fine.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@dgilbert2

Depending on the speed of your connection it'll download quick but it took several hours to 'install' then another hour to work on updates.

Highlighted
Topics: 559

@Anonymous wrote:

@dgilbert2

Depending on the speed of your connection it'll download quick but it took several hours to 'install' then another hour to work on updates.

Exactly that. I downloaded this morning and left it installing while I went to the pub. I was gone 4 hours and it was finished by the time I got back so I don't know how long it took but i'm guessing a couple of restarts were involved.

Highlighted
Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

Most other operating systems these days don't require a reboot unless a new kernel or library is installed. Which is why I find the whole windows update process tedious.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@anticpated wrote:

Most other operating systems these days don't require a reboot unless a new kernel or library is installed. Which is why I find the whole windows update process tedious.

@anticpated

Do you run your system constantly then?

Highlighted
Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

No but rebooting to reinitialise the registry and system configuration can be time consuming. Of course not every update in Windows requires a reboot.
Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:

Blimey, I don't recall any the the other "major" updates taking SOOOOOOO long!? confused

Hope it will be worth it!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Mine has now updated to 1809 and I'm not entirely happy.

There are now some random blue screens of death when waking up from "sleep" and I have lost 90% of files from my "download" folder.

I'm sure the blue screens will get fixed in time but I thought they had fixed the issue of user files being deleted rage

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Mine has now updated to 1809 and I'm not entirely happy.

There are now some random blue screens of death when waking up from "sleep" and I have lost 90% of files from my "download" folder.

I'm sure the blue screens will get fixed in time but I thought they had fixed the issue of user files being deleted rage

@dgilbert2

Try updating graphics drivers in the first instance (I've seen instances of this or the person just seeing a pointer on a black screen when the system is recovering)

It's also a good idea to restart every few days.

Do you have your downloads pointed at anything other than the C drive?