Not applicable

Image result for 9/11 memorial images

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s my nieces (actual) birthday too - now always overshadowed by 9/11. 

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I doubt anyone will ever forget the most terrible terrorist attack the world has ever seen. Nor will we forget the awful images beamed live to the rest of the world.

Sadly, attacks are becoming more frequent now, though nothing on the scale of this one...

My son was due to fly to Spain to our apartment 3 days after this. He went. The plane was delayed by 5 hrs due to all the massive security measure put in place. I didn't rest easy until I had a text from him to say he had landed safely...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Obviously as both an American and born and bred New Yorker, as well as losing 6 friends on that day, I'm not likely to forget that awful day.

I can still remember serving the customer who told me what had happened. It was shock first and then fear as I still had many friends in New York, some who worked at the World Trade Center, and any of the others who could visit there at any time. My friends who worked there died as did 2 friends who unfortunately happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now they use cars instead of planes but for wholesale murder the 11th September 2001 will live in memory as the worst terrorist attrocity ever.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 8

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

*hug* @Glory1

9/11 was a day many things changed - in my "world"... Never saw terror before, it was for me the first view on such stupid individuals killing others just for their "religion".

And since then the world changed. Fear. And attacks happening more often.

Back then I was in Youth FD for a months and saw how the New Yorker firefighters died while trying to help others. My uncle came home exactly on this date (he was in front of the building just a day before to take a picture for a school project of mine) - he had luck.

Our chief got contact to a firefighter from there (visited our FD 3-4 times), he lost 2 family members too.

Does anyone know the documentary about Tony Benetatos from the Naudet brothers?

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Three things stand out in my lifetime, shock, awe and horror. The assassination of JFK, man landing on the moon and the biggest atrocity, 9/11.

Sadly, I don't think we commemorate this enough. We should. This should serve as a warning to all nations just what horror a handful of mindless fanatics can do to innocent families.

RIP to all the victims.

Message 6 of 8

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Sadly, I don't think we commemorate this enough. We should. This should serve as a warning to all nations just what horror a handful of mindless fanatics can do to innocent families.

RIP to all the victims.

It didn't even got mentioned in the news today... It seems like it's too much time since then...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 7 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Beautiful words @jonsie and so very true. We should never forget what happened on this day 17 years ago. To forget is to risk history repeating itself. Who knows what these religious fanatics have planned in the future. And trust me, they are bound to have more horror planned.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 8