Did you mean: 

Movies in August

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Continuing our monthly movie discussion I've listed some of the films I'm interested in seeing this month. Did anyone get around to seeing any of the movies we talked about in last months thread? If so what did you think?  

One film i caught last month which I would recommend is A Prayer Before Dawn. It's based on a true story and is a really well made movie. 

Moving on to August we have The Equalizer 2. I enjoyed the first one so will definitely be checking this out! 

For horror fans there is a Slender Man movie out which looks like a lot of fun. 

Thriller wise a movie called Searching looks like it could be good and another movie called Nancy is also worth a look! 

What are you looking forward to this month and do you have any recommendations for the cinema in August? smiling

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.10.05.png 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2I really like the look of Searching. I like thrillers.

Not sure about the Slender Man. Sounds a bit like Thinner by Stephen King. The rating for Slender Man is pretty poor as well...open_mouth

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I'm looking forward to Searching! 

I only watched the trailer for Slender Man which was interesting. I try not to pay too much attention to ratings and reviews as I often end up with a different opinion of movies to the critics. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Is the new Ant Man movie coming out this month? Or is it later in the UK? That one I want to see! grin

Message 4 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Haven't seen any of the films from July's list!
Am going tomorrow to watch The Meg (Wiki: The Meg).

Might end up watching Ant Man and/or MI Fallout as well but depends how long they are at the cinema for.

Did see the trailer for Searching the other day. Wasn't sure about it - seemed a cross between the Ben Affleck film Gone Girl and any of the found footage style ones.

The Equalizer 2 is also on the list - a friend of mine raves about the first one, but I much preferred his earlier film Man on Fire.

As an aside, he is in quite a few excellent films. Has anyone watched Fallen with John Goodman?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Marjo Yes Ant Man is out in cinemas now! 

@gmarkj Same I need to up my cinema game! Cat Very Happy Still, I catch most things once out on Blu-Ray. I'm really up for The Meg! Looks like a lota fun. tongue_winking

Big fan of Denzel Washington too. I still have Fallen on DVD! Great movie and a fantastic twist at the end. smiling I have seen Man on Fire but not for years so barely remember it now. 

signature

Message 6 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I will be looking out for Searching and The Equaliser 2. Both are the genre of films I like to watch. However you can keep the horror films, hate them with a passion.

Message 7 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Have you seen the firsrt Equalizer? Great movie and got me really excited for the sequel! 

signature

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I saw The Equaliser and loved it. They have just interviewed Denzel Washington on TV this morning. He seemed very happy with the 2nd film so that's one on our watch list 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff He's a brilliant actor! I'm rarely disappointed with a movie if he's in it. 

signature

Message 10 of 21