Did you mean: 

Inforbar XV: 15th Anniversary Infobar series phone

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, and happy Friday sun

A new Android feature phone has been revealed, from the Japanese Infobar series: it's a 15th anniversary edition, and I think it looks stunning! You can read more about it here, and see some photos of this version as well as previous Infobar devices.

Have you had a chance to try an Infobar device before, or would you like to at some point? Which one of the colours would you pick out of the 3 models of this series?

Could you go back to a feature phone after using a smartphone for years?

I'd definitely like to give it a go someday, and would pick the purple model, no hesitation smiley It'd be quite difficult for me to use a feature phone instead of my smartphone, but it's a matter of habit really.

Let me know what you think, and have a nice weekend!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry but that phone's not for me @EmilieT. As I use my phone as other members use their PCs, I need my smartphone. I really couldn't go back to a feature phone after all this time.

Also tbh I'm not enamoured with the look of the phone and the screen's too small for me.

I'll stick to my Samsungs, thanks.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

After explaining on another thread how I was pulled kicking and screaming into the world of smartphones, I have to say I'm a changed person now. My Note 8 is fabulous and the Infobar looks awful.

Not for me at all.

It looks like a clowns phone clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Actually, @Cleoriff it looks like a child's phone to me; the bright colours are the sort of thing to attract yoing children. Although most children have smartphones these days..
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Actually, @Cleoriff it looks like a child's phone to me; the bright colours are the sort of thing to attract yoing children. Although most children have smartphones these days..

Something to chuck in the toy box, or prop box either way @Glory1tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

These have to be the ugliest phones on the market today, truly awful. They look like those old lexicon games where you could slide the tiles round or something you woul put under the leg of a wobbly table! Not a fan....

Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 

@Cleoriff

@jonsie

LOL

I have to admit that I'm intrigued by anything that's different and new, and this is quite different from phones coming out these days which is why I'd happily give it a go. But I do understand what you mean, and agree that after a smartphone it'd be quite hard to go back to a feature phone ...

I wasn't even aware that some feature phones were still released these days, which might be why this caught my eye! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

These have to be the ugliest phones on the market today, truly awful. They look like those old lexicon games where you could slide the tiles round or something you woul put under the leg of a wobbly table! Not a fan....

Ruddy Awful-looking piece of crap ... apologies for being so down on the 'device' = me being a tech novice 'n' all 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

@Glory1 

@Cleoriff

@jonsie

LOL

I have to admit that I'm intrigued by anything that's different and new, and this is quite different from phones coming out these days which is why I'd happily give it a go. But I do understand what you mean, and agree that after a smartphone it'd be quite hard to go back to a feature phone ...

I wasn't even aware that some feature phones were still released these days, which might be why this caught my eye! 

@EmilieT

When the form factor has to accommodate a touch screen I think it limits the design choices somewhat as previously they could decide on the material that made up the body of the phone and it's surface texture in the case of plastic, the material for the keypad (plastic or rubber) and it's shape.

One phone looks much like another these days which is why I'd never buy a 'flagship'

Message 9 of 9