cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've signed up for a 12 month SIM only contract with O2.  I'm happy with 3 but there's no 4G around here (and no sign of getting it) and I decided it was about time I moved into the 21st century.  In the end it came down to a choice between Vodafone and O2 but, after reading about Vodafone's number porting issues, I decided I couldn't risk being without a phone for a month and went for O2.  The coverage problems I had before won't be an issue now so that was another deciding factor.

A couple of questions - I've obviously already got a My O2 account so do I just need to add the new account to it?  Should I do it with the temporary number or wait until my own number has ported over on either Tuesday or Wednesday?

Oh and I won't be sitting on the sofa when I change the SIM cards over! Bouncy  (I'm sure a few regulars will know what I mean!)

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome back too. 😄

If this was me I'd be more inclined to wait until the porting process was complete. But that's just my choice.

Ah yes the sofa experience. I bet it's still wedged in there somewhere. ☺️
Message 2 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking - I don't want to confuse things (the system or myself!).

One day I expect to move the sofa and see a SIM card sitting on the floor!

Message 3 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Simply wait until the port has been completed fully and you should be good to go.
Message 4 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I was thinking - I don't want to confuse things (the system or myself!).

One day I expect to move the sofa and see a SIM card sitting on the floor!

I bet your face was a picture when it happened with the SIM card  , mumbling to yourself ,and your husband secretly giggling 😳

Message 6 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jonsie.  I'm just hoping that the port goes smoothly...

Message 7 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh it was @Anonymous !

My husband did find it amusing although he decided it was better if he cut the bottom of the sofa (that we'd only had for 6 months!) as he's not heavy handed like me!

Message 8 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wasn't it late evenings too so you couldn't go get another 😁
Message 9 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Welcome back @Anonymous  Smiley Very Happy

I do remember the sim down the sofa fiasco LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit