Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we've progressed

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23329 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3713 Solutions

Fascinating bit of video from 32 years ago.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

@Bambino I laughed at that....(at one point I wasn't sure if it was a joke) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

1984....when life was simple, computers and smartphones were unheard of. Life was good, vhs was ...like...wow....yes we've progressed but are we better off now? I so wish it was 1984 for me right now. My kids were 10 and 6 year old. We were all in good health with no worries about the future.  Happy times and whilst technology has advanced, our children are missing out on what's really important in life. Even my children's children have no concept of what life was like 32 years ago.

It's far from a lifetime ago but for me personally, I truly only embrace the advancement in medicine. You can't have one without the other unfortunately but I guess that I'm just at an age where I feel that technology is replacing the important things in life. My grandchildren are only happy if they have headphones on, glued to the Xbox and interacting with their friends. Changes..good but sometimes you wonder and despair.

Message 3 of 14

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

LOL that big thingy they stick the phone handset in is hilarious.!! I was half expecting him to start giving someone an emergency defibrillator shock...

I'm kinda with you though jonsie, although the future generations have a heck of a lot of great tech at their disposal, when was the last time kids played kirbys until it was too dark to see anymore, and there was no problem with parents not knowing our exact whereabouts either...

It's a trade off really isn't it? Maybe we will regress once ppl realise what they're missing out on? But I highly doubt that!

Blimey, I'm sounding old....

Argh, noooo I'm my mother Bang

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

Sadly we can't see advancements in medicine...which is my field of expertise, without embracing todays technology....but yes I remember hide and seek, rat tat ginger, tig, running leavo (don't ask)

Shame we lost these innocent games...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

By the way @gindygoo I just went to FB and my son had  posted this...He reckons he played it all the time. I never knew LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

By the way @gindygoo I just went to FB and my son had  posted this...He reckons he played it all the time. I never knew LOL

oh i loved Kirby..and American ropes (elastics ) peaver (hopscotch) now the kids are too busy with phones and consoles to interact physically with their peers and families Smiley Frustrated x

giphy-3
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions