cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long on average have people spent working for an employer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've worked where I am for just over 16 years but am getting the feeling it's time to move onto somewhere new.

Not because there's anything wrong with it, just think it's time, so just putting the above question 'out there' out of interest?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

An assistant tax collectror? You sound much too nice a person to do that and I'd imagine it didn't come with much in the way of job satisfaction.

Thanks for all your replies people, it's given me plenty to think about.

Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

An assistant tax collectror? You sound much too nice a person to do that and I'd imagine it didn't come with much in the way of job satisfaction.

No, not much job satisfaction, you're right there @Anonymous

When I did a good job going out in the pool car collecting overdue tax in people's homes / business premises the rest of the office staff as good as sneered at me

The hapless taxpayer telephoning to say his books were at his accountants, only to be 'torn off a strip' when you rang them

The taxpayers who shouted 'We pay your wages' down the phone at you

This was in one of the Leeds offices then Rochdale ... many years ago

Now the Inland Revenue is HMRC ... it used to be separate Collectors / Inspectors / DHSS (nic)

My so called career as a civil servant was abysmal ... far better placements now I'd say

Thank you for saying I'm a nice person ... smiling ... tho' I do have my moments wink where I'm kinda firing off like a loose canon 

Message 22 of 24

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've been at my current employer for 5 years 9 months.  It is my second spell here. I worked here between 2002-2006 also before returning in 2013.

Thanks

Steve
Message 23 of 24

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@welshsteve76what made you go back to the same place? You often hear people saying don't do that?

Message 24 of 24