O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Community Manager

Happy Pancake Day! How do you like your pancakes?

Hi guys,

So today is Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day, so I wanted to ask you all if you're having pancakes today and how do you like them? What are the ultimate pancakes like for you? Smiley Very Happy

In Finland we do pancakes a bit differently. Instead of making them on a frying pan, we use the oven and the result is a giant oven pan shaped square and (ideally) quite thick pancake ("pannukakku") which is eaten with jam/berries/whipped cream... Drool

I found this video on YouTube in case you want a recipe and to see what it looks like:

Also while I was drooling over the pancake video above I found another one where a robot learns how to flip pancakes, in case you're interested. Smiley Very Happy

If you have any pancake pictures/videos also that you like, I'd love to see them so please post away. thumbsup

Drool

I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you stayed on our community, let me know here. Smiley Happy

Get involved:
• New to the community? Please introduce yourself! (Or just say 'hello'!).
• Have something to say? Write a new post.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a Private Message.

Level 14: Rising star 

Re: Happy Pancake Day! How do you like your pancakes?

Egg free... sadly I'm intolerant.  On the upside though, I get to make potato cakes tonight and throw those!

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@Daddydoink wrote:

Egg free... sadly I'm intolerant.  On the upside though, I get to make potato cakes tonight and throw those!

Potato cakes? Smiley Surprised What are they like? I'm imagining hash browns. Smiley Very Happy

I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you stayed on our community, let me know here. Smiley Happy

Get involved:

I'll be throwing my Asda ready meal cottage pie, I'm sick of them! 

Level 14: Rising star 

wrote:

@Daddydoink wrote:

Potato cakes? Smiley Surprised What are they like? I'm imagining hash browns. Smiley Very Happy

It's mashed potato with onion, cheese and mushroom, rolled into a ball and flattened out before being coated in breadcrumbs and herbs, then fried.  I'd show you - except I've eaten them all.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Topics: 479

wrote:

Hi guys,

So today is Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day, so I wanted to ask you all if you're having pancakes today and how do you like them?

In ma belly LOL

Image result for in ma belly

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Lumia 950 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Community Manager

@Daddydoink wrote:

wrote:

@Daddydoink wrote:

It's mashed potato with onion, cheese and mushroom, rolled into a ball and flattened out before being coated in breadcrumbs and herbs, then fried.  I'd show you - except I've eaten them all.

That sounds delicious and has made me hungry now! Sounds amazing for breakfast! smiley

@MI5 LOL

Get involved:

Topics: 205

... like my mum used to make yahoo

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Microsoft Lumia 650 lte
Windows 10
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Community Manager

Same here @WispaRed7! Smiley Happy

How did your mum make them?

Get involved:

Topics: 40
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

Now that would have been easier, @Marjo, but less messy, than what I did last Tuesday evening... tongue winking