Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going down

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Until the mods on this site learn some manners, I will not be posting any further.

I'm not looking for an appology, or even an explanation - Just some common courtesy.

Not too much to ask is it.

I guess this will be deleted also Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see that this has been resolved, guys. It was basically a miscommunication between the mods (who are here when we're not around) and us. It's my mistake this has happened, as we didn't bottom out a process for these particular cases.  I'm very sorry for that and I'll make sure thing'll improve going forward.

We've made some improvements already to make sure things will be more transparent in the future.

Hope that makes sense and my apologies again,
Leonard

Message 11 of 81

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Out of interest, this is the only forum I'm on where the mods are not regular posters (or made aware of who the mods are). What is the criteria for mods and who decides who can be a mod? Do you need to make them more transparent and maybe appoint some active members too?

Leonard, so far only yourself and Toby have contacted me. I do not consider it "fully" resolved until I receive an explanation from the actual mod who deleted my posts (this is the whole point of my whinge) wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 81

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

If a mod deletes or edits a post it should be mandatory that a curteous PM is sent with the reason for the action taken. Otherwise people may make the same mistake again resulting in dire warnings of revoked community membership.

Message 13 of 81

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

On the old style O2 forums the mods were just numbers and they were employed by O2 a big moderation company did it if I remember it was called emoderation and perhaps it is the same now or it could be a service provided by lithium.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 81

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

On the old style O2 forums the mods were just numbers and they were employed by O2 a big moderation company did it if I remember it was called emoderation and perhaps it is the same now or it could be a service provided by lithium.

If that's still the case I have a suggestion that will save money wink

Currently using:
Message 15 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be glad to help. Have previous experience of Admin duties on a forum, and ran a forum I created once upon a time.
Message 16 of 81

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I moderate on 2 other forums and I find that self moderated forums are much nicer places than ones done by faceless external companies....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 81

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I agree, a small group of selected members are well able to moderate the forum with specific guidelines.

Message 18 of 81

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Deja Vu superusers....I've mentioned it a few times that Mods do need to be consistent in applying moderation to posts and informing the poster why. Doubt it will ever be sorted but at the least, we can point to the process and hold them to it on a justifiable complaint. 

BTW, Leonard/Toby/Abs: is there any formal process e.g. a list of daily moderated posts (and by whom) you have stored somewhere that can be referred to in a case such as MI5's?

Message 19 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

Deja Vu superusers....I've mentioned it a few times that Mods do need to be consistent in applying moderation to posts and informing the poster why. Doubt it will ever be sorted but at the least, we can point to the process and hold them to it on a justifiable complaint. 

BTW, Leonard/Toby/Abs: is there any formal process e.g. a list of daily moderated posts (and by whom) you have stored somewhere that can be referred to in a case such as MI5's?

Mod 14 strikes againSmiley Very Happy 

Message 20 of 81