cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone play games on your Consoles or PC?

I've got myself a Nintendo Switch recently. Bought the one with Detachable Joy Cons and can put it through the tv.

The games I've got are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and The Witcher 3: The Complete Edition. I have just recently started playing The Witcher. Just getting the feel of the game just now. It's a great game as it's on other consoles and pc.

That's my only console just now.  Did have a Xbox One S (Old Gen One)  However Cex refused to honor the 24th month warranty.  As it has issues connecting to the Controller.  It would work if you kept unplugging it every often.  Despite them testing it they said it worked.  However still happened when I get home.  It wasn't the controller issue. So not buying anything electrical in there again.

I want the new Xbox One Series X when it becomes available to buy when in stock.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousI'm not although my grandson is. He has the latest Xbox, whatever that is, and plays COD, Fifa and F1 (as far as I know) lol

We have his old Xbox here and very occasionally my other half plays on the games the grandson left behind...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff

Latest consoles from Microsoft are the Xbox One Series X and the Series S which are very hard to get at the moment as they came out in November 2020. I miss playing COD. I used to play Fifa but got fed up with the game bugs etc.
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I'm not sure which one he got but it was the latest model. His Mum and other Nan bought it between them for Christmas. He's a lucky lad really. The only grandson of both families so tends to get a bit spoilt.

Though he is a decent lad for all that. In his final year at Uni and all exams now finished thank GOD!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Anonymous

I have the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch, and mostly play FIFA, Horizon 4 (the one with Lego) and others on the Xbox

On the Switch i play Mario Kart, Zelda, and one of the mario games.

Have you tried a wireless controller on the Xbox rather than cabled?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
@madasaf1sh

Yeah I tried both. Wasn't the controller. Worked fine on my mates Xbox One.

Loved Forza 4 with the Lego add-on.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm after a PC, for playing a bit of World of Warcraft / FFXI / FXIV & some cities skylines. (I'm not after a monster machine) but maybe something I could stream on 1080p will do. Ryzen 5 3600 ish I guess?

So if anyone has any clues where to look for one I'd be most grateful. Got a grand to spend on it (monitor too) 

I've seen THIS but are CCL any good? 

cheers ears!

Message 7 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Looks all good except the graphics card. And that's where the bulk of the money should go aside from CPU.
This: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDVXX4Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_C5NF0TYX2KJTKDEDH5DQ
Is a more rounded CPU but a much better graphics card and the system will do more, for longer imo
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous? See above ^^^^^

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @viridis .. that looks fab (except for the lights (ugh)) cheers @Cleoriff for the reminder!
Message 10 of 19