Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Game] Word Hunt Diamond - Game 5

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Word Finders and welcome to the fifth Word Hunt Diamond.

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted with a target number of words to find using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

N

A      E

I      O     J          

C      T

B

This week`s target is 58 words using only the letters in the diamond.

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter O.

No proper names are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, TOTE wouldn`t be allowed].

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter O

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

There is one nine-letter word using all the letters in the grid. 

Regular updates will be given on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found

Last week, nine players - @Cleoriff ; @EmilieT ; @gmarkj ; @pgn ; @jonsie ; @Bambino ; @AnnieM ; @Marjo ; @BobM 

found all 67 target words, and eight of them found an additional 26 words not in the list in the source used in compiling the game.

This game is open to all members.

New members, and those who have not played before, are welcome to join the "regulars" in this week`s Word Hunt Diamond [game 5].

Can you, the members, bust this week`s Word Hunt Diamond and also find additional words?

Good luck everyone 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 135
134 REPLIES 134

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes forget the 'S' as any idiot can add that ......although I seem to remember doing that myself Bang

Message 131 of 135

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

At the end of a busy day I felt pretty good spotting somethig with an 'S' that was still unannounced as I had no energy left to find more actual words. tongue

I guess that might be a type of low-level entry threshold for taking part too. slight_smile

Message 132 of 135

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A cautionary note - just because does there is "S" in the diamond still means there are obscure words to find... 

Still plenty of time for regular, and new players, to decide which should be the next Word Hund diamond

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 133 of 135

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys for the feedback.

The next Word Hunt Diamond - Game 6 - will be the one with a target of 73 words to find [with no letter "S"] and will be posted and start on Tuesday 1 October.

I hope the regulars -  @Cleoriff ; @Marjo ; @gmarkj ; @Bambino ; @AnnieM ; @Bob_Mcg ; @jonsie ; and @EmilieT - will play and new members and those who have not played before will come and join in.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 134 of 135

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Game 6, eh?

Must make a note to keep an eye on the forum on Tuesday 😉
Message 135 of 135