Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Although the season has yet to begin and we won't see the cars till next month when testing begins, I will start this thread off by wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 35th Birthday

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, car and shoes, possible text that says 'Happy'

This may be the year he wins his 7th WDC equalling Michael Schumacher. Who knows? He will certainly have Ferrari and the Red Bulls chasing him. Also with some luck and more power in the Honda engine, I am expecting McLaren to be in the mix as well....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 553
552 REPLIES 552

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's always Marbula 1 if you want to fill the gap

Message 181 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

There's something called Go Karts just out on Netflix. I might watch that (during my self isolation) fearful

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 182 of 553

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27848 Solutions

Dear F1 fans,

We wanted to provide some thoughts and perspectives from last week as we address the coronavirus pandemic.

First and foremost, our priority is the health and safety of the fans, teams, and organisations of Formula 1, as well as wider society.

We apologise to those fans affected by the cancellation in Australia, as well as the postponement of the other races to date. These decisions are being made by Formula 1, the FIA, and our local promoters in rapidly changing and evolving circumstances, but we believe they are the right and necessary ones. We also want to extend our thoughts to those already affected, including those in the Formula 1 family.

We recognise everyone wants to know what comes next for Formula 1 in 2020. We cannot provide specific answers today given the fluidity of the situation. However, we plan to get the 2020 Championship season underway as soon as it’s safe to do so. We are engaging with experts and officials on a daily basis as we evaluate how we go forward in the next few months. We will keep you updated and provide details as soon as possible on Formula1.com.

We are grateful for your support and understanding and we wish you and your families all the best.

Sincerely,

Chase

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 183 of 553

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12156 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
Not exclusively F1 related, but...
There was a segment on the Grand Tour episode I watched last night about Jim Clark (series 3 episode 5).
I am not a massive fan of most forms of motorsport, but I do wonder how Jim would have fared against modern drivers in modern cars - and how today's drivers would have done then!
He certainly seemed to be a world apart - I can't imagine many drivers today doing so well in so many different racing styles.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 185 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Yes I read the statement from Chase Carey last night. Next time let's hope they don't make such a pigs ear of the return as they did with Australia. clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Not exclusively F1 related, but...
There was a segment on the Grand Tour episode I watched last night about Jim Clark (series 3 episode 5).
I am not a massive fan of most forms of motorsport, but I do wonder how Jim would have fared against modern drivers in modern cars - and how today's drivers would have done then!
He certainly seemed to be a world apart - I can't imagine many drivers today doing so well in so many different racing styles.

Jim Clark was an absolute legend. Still classed as many as the best F1 driver ever.

Of course he also won the Indy 500, as well as driving touring cars.

I always find it difficult though, comparing drivers of different eras.

Back in those days, they had a spare car they could get into if theirs broke down.

A lot of people rate Michael Schumacher. I never did. He was a cheat and had No 1 status for most of his successful career. Team orders ensured his championship wins more often than not. .

We have seen todays drivers in cars of the 50's and 60's so there is no doubt they can drive them.

We just have to move with the times I suppose.

Nowadays you need a degree in computing to drive the cars on track today (as well as a damn good pit wall team.)

I was never a fan of the hybrid era......but as I have followed F1 since it started I had to go with the flow.

Missing it so much.  Bloody China!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 187 of 553

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12156 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
I agree about the computers in the cars @Cleoriff.
There seems to be so much tech in the cars that they are more computer than car. Can't imagine it will be all that long before they are drones and the drivers are just sat in the pit area (or similar).
It would be interesting to get a few F1 drivers to try the other types of racing - could you imagine LH or MV getting into an Indy or rally car and winning?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 188 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Alonso failed to qualify for Indy 500 in Feb this year

LH has made it very clear that when he retires from F1 that will be it, he isn't interested in any other type of motor sport activity.

He has tried motorbike racing against his hero Valentino Rossi.....then they swapped.

Rossi in an F1 car and Hamilton on a motorbike

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 189 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Formula 1 has brought its summer shutdown forward - and extended it - following a delayed start to the season amid the coronavirus outbreak.

The shutdown, when teams must cease all race and car-related activity, usually takes place in August but has now been moved to March and April, with the World Motor Sport Council approving the change on Wednesday.

It has also been extended from a fortnight to 21 continuous days across the two months, as the sport tries to adapt to the challenges presented by coronavirus while also allowing more flexibility for the calendar.

The switch to a three-week shutdown by the end of April frees up August for potential races - which F1 chief Ross Brawn told Sky F1 is a strong possibility.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11959813/f1-moves-summer-shutdown-forward-amid-coronavirus-o... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 190 of 553