Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What better way to start the new F1 thread than wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 34th Birthday

Image result for Images for Happy Birthday Lewis Hamilton

Here's hoping for a great season and another world championship for the lad from Stevenage

Get In Lewis trophytrophytrophytrophytrophy and hopefully trophy

PS: New cars are revealed from February 12th. Testing starts February 18th..

Season starts in 10 weeks. March15th Australia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 685
684 REPLIES 684

Anonymous
Not applicable

MV’s 2 previous sectors were slower, so his 3rd had to be faster which means he didn’t back off.. penalty it should be.

Hamilton went faster in the previous 2 sectors & slower in the 3rd so he could say that he backed off and get away with it. (Even tho his time improved)

SV was also behind & didn’t back off either.. penalise him anyway because he’s a p***k

Message 571 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Max has been given a 3 place grid penalty. He now starts in 4th.

Leclerc pole, Vettel 2nd Lewis 3rd and then Max. I see mayhem at race start

Image may contain: text

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 572 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s always sad when a result is taken away (especially as it’s a track record) but I can’t help smiling a little!
Message 573 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s always sad when a result is taken away (especially as it’s a track record) but I can’t help smiling a little!

Yes but that does mean your hated Ferrari start on pole and 2nd. Leaving Lewis in 3rd to deal with a very Mad Max Raging Bull. rofl

All Lewis wants is to stay out of trouble tomorrow. I see carnage at the first corner...clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 574 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable
After today, I’m sure the stewards will be watching MV like a hawk.
In other rumours... Bottas needing a new gear box? Penalty? Might mean that LH is another step closer to winning the title next race.
Message 575 of 685

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes Mad Max will really be going for it and to hell with anyone in his way.

Message 576 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I know it sounds awful but Bottas's possible grid penalty for engine changes was thought about here pretty much as soon as VB got out of the car.

Mind you, my grandson, who was here for Qualy, was also delighted at Max's pole. Not so chuffed now though!

Nothing heard for definite about VB's possible penalty, although Toto said yesterday, they thought he would be ok. (there again, he isn't the mechanic!)...

It's a wait and see scenario.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 577 of 685

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Maybe it's a Mercedes ploy to hit VB with a new gearbox thus giving LH a better chance of winning the championship today as they have already won the team championship.....

I love a conspiracy....

Message 578 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe it's a Mercedes ploy to hit VB with a new gearbox thus giving LH a better chance of winning the championship today as they have already won the team championship.....

I love a conspiracy....

That's already been been discussed on the F1 forum by those who also love a conspiracy...and chucked out by the realists in the group....rofl

AS IF!!

According to the latest from Merc late last night, they think they should be able to fix it without any changes to the gearbox etc. They won't know until they start the engine up if there are any leaks though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 579 of 685

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions