Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

What better way to start the new F1 thread than wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 34th Birthday

Image result for Images for Happy Birthday Lewis Hamilton

Here's hoping for a great season and another world championship for the lad from Stevenage

Get In Lewis trophytrophytrophytrophytrophy and hopefully trophy

PS: New cars are revealed from February 12th. Testing starts February 18th..

Season starts in 10 weeks. March15th Australia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 685
684 REPLIES 684

Sy
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I shall be missing the qualifying as I'm busy, but watching the race as normal.

Hopefully Mclaren can have a better showing than their terrible race last week, it would be nice to see them make their 4th place in the championship close to guarrented. Gotta love Carlos and Lando.

Been having a nose at the 2021 regs, looks like great progress so long as the cars are not too much slower, I can't decide though if the cars look really cool, or a bit too much Formula E and just a bit crap lol

Message 601 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Sy wrote:

I shall be missing the qualifying as I'm busy, but watching the race as normal.

Hopefully Mclaren can have a better showing than their terrible race last week, it would be nice to see them make their 4th place in the championship close to guarrented. Gotta love Carlos and Lando.

Been having a nose at the 2021 regs, looks like great progress so long as the cars are not too much slower, I can't decide though if the cars look really cool, or a bit too much Formula E and just a bit crap lol

Hi @Sy 

Welcome to the F1 thread. So glad we have someone else who enjoys it. (There used to be a lot of activity on this thread but people have left  etc so sometimes I just talk to myself) LOL

I love it and have been watching for more years than I care to mention Fear

I agree about McLaren. It's great to see them improving so much from last year and I love the pairing of Carlos and the meme king Norris.

I am not a fan of Ferrari whoever drives for them (though I do like Seb as a person.)

I'm a massive Hamilton fan and just praying he gets his 6th WDC this race as I'm away on a long weekend if it goes to Brazil!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 602 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve decided that I shall keep away from the beeb and just visit here for updates..

I’d like to see a Renault near the front!!

Message 603 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

PS, like you, I'm not sure about the cars or regs for 2021. They had a (small) mock up of one for Drivers press conference on Thursday and Lando said 'well I wouldn't fit in that'rofl

FP2 results

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 604 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve decided that I shall keep away from the beeb and just visit here for updates..

I’d like to see a Renault near the front!!

Well if you look at FP2 results @Anonymous you will see Renault came 11th and 13th. (There again it is ONLY practice) I do think Ricciardo is regretting his move from Red Bull.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 605 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about him regretting it @Cleoriff but I definitely do. MV & DR would've been a great combo (again)

Message 606 of 685

Sy
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yeah it's a shame about Renault, I'd like to see them do well (but not as well as I'd like Mclaren to do) but they do shoot themselves in the foot quite a lot, I think it's going to take some management changes to give them a chance, and they really need to up some of their funding to catch up, loosing Mclaren as a customer in 2021 will hurt them too.

I just can't help but love the meme lord / milkman "Drivin Drivin" really happy with his pairing with Chilli though if Red Bull got what they wanted and swapped him for James Key at TR then Lando would have ended up elevated to RB I think alongside Max which would have been damn cool too, their iraceing streams are pretty funny even if they crash every other lap lol
Message 607 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Not sure Max would like too much competition if honest. I think it's pretty telling that Albon has outscored him in the short time he has been at Red Bull.

I thought Max had matured a lot this year, then he goes all arrogant and shoots himself in the foot at Mexico losing pole position and an almost certain win.

His Drivers press conference on Thursday was bad tempered. One reporter mentioned that Seb and Lewis had said (when asked) at last weeks post race interview, that they would always give Max room as you never knew what he would do. They were laughing and joking and no malice at all.

Max said they were silly and disrespectful.

He really needs to get his father Jos out of that paddock, as he is turning into him. (Though with much more skill)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 608 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Saw this on a F1 group. Love it....

No photo description available.

You sly cunning fox Lewis LOLheart

Veritas Numquam Perit