Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What better way to start the new F1 thread than wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 34th Birthday

Image result for Images for Happy Birthday Lewis Hamilton

Here's hoping for a great season and another world championship for the lad from Stevenage

Get In Lewis trophytrophytrophytrophytrophy and hopefully trophy

PS: New cars are revealed from February 12th. Testing starts February 18th..

Season starts in 10 weeks. March15th Australia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 685
684 REPLIES 684

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And well done Charles and that's despite a couple of errors that he had made.

Message 471 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not looking forward to the start. Going to take a wild guess that someone will be in the wall before the first lap is over....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 472 of 685

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There's nothing surer @Cleoriff , it's one of the downsides of Singapore that there isn't much room for passing.

Message 473 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As long as it's not Lewis I don't care. We have to remember Max is in the mix and also Bottas was not happy with Lewis today in Qualy...he reckoned he messed up his last hot lap!

https://www.racefans.net/2019/09/21/bottas-complains-hamilton-spoiled-his-preparation-for-final-qual...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 474 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Vettel gets his first win of the season. Leclerc 2nd and Max 3rd. Poor strategy call by Mercedes left Lewis 4th and Bottas 5th. Charles NOT happy that they pitted Seb first which gave him the lead.

Ferrari outclassed the Mercs today. Still it leaves LH 1 point added to his lead.

Hamilton 296

Bottas 231

Leclerc 200

Verstappen 200

Vettel 194

No photo description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 475 of 685

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I missed it today and to be honest I forgot about t altogether with the football on. Terrible choice watching that. Thanks for the result though @Cleoriff 

Message 476 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff 

Interesting race wasn't it (managed to get 50% off a pass so watched it)

Really felt sorry for Charles as that was a bad call by Ferrari.

Good to see Vettel and Hamilton now grappling with some competition.

Message 477 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous @jonsie 

To be honest it was one of the least exciting races I've seen at Singapore and I'm not saying that because Hamilton lost. There was more action in the midfield while the top 6 relied totally on strategy.

I initially felt sorry for Charles until he continually whined like a spoilt child. He seemed to forget his win at Spa was down to Seb playing wingman.

Lewis, who is normally accused of whining, was more philosophical. He only agreed the Merc strategy was poor when he was pushed to agree with a commentator post race interview. Until then, he said Ferrari were better and faster.

As far as I am concerned, the three safety cars so late in the race, ruined any chance of a Merc victory today.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 478 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous @jonsie 

To be honest it was one of the least exciting races I've seen at Singapore and I'm not saying that because Hamilton lost. There was more action in the midfield while the top 6 relied totally on strategy.

I initially felt sorry for Charles until he continually whined like a spoilt child. He seemed to forget his win at Spa was down to Seb playing wingman.

Lewis, who is normally accused of whining, was more philosophical. He only agreed the Merc strategy was poor when he was pushed to agree with a commentator post race interview. Until then, he said Ferrari were better and faster.

As far as I am concerned, the three safety cars so late in the race, ruined any chance of a Merc victory today.

@Cleoriff 

Don't think they had much choice other than to deploy the safety car as they did as not to clear the debris might have led to more issues.

I'm skipping the Russian Grand Prix as think it's ridiculous it's being held there, will be interesting to see what happens in Japan though.

If whining should ever become an Olympic sport, I think we should definitely enter Lewis slight_smile

Message 479 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Totally agree about the safety cars. I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't be deployed...just that Merc 'strategy' relied on them coming out earlier.

They have also admitted they should have pitted Lewis earlier when he asked if he could do the undercut. Had they done that, he could have won the race.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.frustrated-hamilton-says-mercedes-could-have-easily-won-in-singapore.24CD5dQuWOvA993l5qOM6C.html

Now as for Hamilton whining, I might agree in part, though you have to remember we only hear about 40% of radio messages. They make sure we always hear Hamiltons (even when he is just talking to the pit wall)

I belong to a site which gives all radio message transcripts (yes I really am that sadtongue_winking) and the two biggest moaners are Grosjean and Stroll.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 480 of 685