cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Football Talk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I would start off a thread, bit of friendly banter not too heavy and an opportunity to express your ideas about your favourite team.

What are you hoping for in the January transfer market?

As a Liverpool fan I am hoping for cover for Mane and the front 3.

Message 1 of 1,012
1,011 REPLIES 1,011

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m sat here thinking about Raul Jimenez and his fractured skull.. Here’s hoping he makes a full recovery..

I’m wondering if Football needs to take a look at safety too. David Luiz who was the other footballer involved, played on with a bandage.
Message 381 of 1,012

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
Heard about the incident, but until I saw (heard) it, didn't know how bad it was.
No way should he have carried on. Taken off straight away. Lots of talk of getting a 3rd party in to make judgements of being allowed to continue. 100% agree this needs to be included in new legislation.
Why there is no allowance for head injury replacements in football I don't know.
All other major contact sports (rugby, gaelic football, hurling, american football off the top of my head) have it in the rules.
Glad to hear he has regained consciousness and is talking to people as well. Fingers crossed he manages to make a full return.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 382 of 1,012

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw it and didn’t reckon it was anything too bad, until he didn’t get up. Luiz didn’t look too bad. Then I read an interview on my footy app where surrounding players said it wasn’t what it looked like but more the sound it made which indicated the severity.
I never really saw footy as a sport where lives could be in danger.
Message 383 of 1,012

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
Yeah you could actually hear the impact.
Not a pleasant noise...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 384 of 1,012

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Watching it and it was immediately apparent as all the sorrounding players were shouting code red to the bench and waving their arms around

Awful watching the drama unfold for 10 minutes

Message 385 of 1,012

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that the EFL allowed some tier 2 area matches to have up to 1000 fans in.

YAY! (I think)
Message 386 of 1,012

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
But not in the majority of the country that are in tier three!
But the London clubs will be fine
Message 387 of 1,012

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chelsea v Leeds tomorrow.

Might have to get a pair of binoculars out for old Franky boy (that’s a Rams joke btw)
Message 388 of 1,012

Anonymous
Not applicable
We aren’t doing too bad. We play good football, but we were totally outclassed by Chelsea in the 2nd half.
Message 389 of 1,012

Anonymous
Not applicable
And then there’s Rangers back on top.. Footy north of the border is worth a watch too!
Message 390 of 1,012