Did you mean: 

Electric Cars aka EV's

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

Does anyone drive and EV?

The reason I ask is that I am finally replacing my venerable and 12 year Astra, with a new Hyundai Ioniq fully EV car? 

What are peoples thoughts on EV's ?

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keep that blog going!
Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38796 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

With energy prices all over the show at the moment in the UK, I wonder how long before charging point price for a three-hour charge follow suit? Heating oil here has risen from £186 to £260 for 500 litres in 2 weeks.

Chart for last week, for 900l, here - previous week's rises were similar in magnitude. Gas high also, and won't be long before electricity follows suit. 

Screenshot_20210930-123000.png

Off to read your blog now, @madasaf1sh 

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I was thinking of this in relation to the energy price hike last week. Not much of an incentive to go totally electric currently in my opinion.

Sad really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

RunrigForever
  • 2910 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 EV charging points in Morrison's supermarket ... & ... just this last week or so 2 more EV charging points near centre of town upon completion of conversion of old job centre into executive appartments, which are now all spoken for. Interesting to see if nearby Tescoe's have any EV charging points.

My mistake earlier in saying my son's car is a hybrid ... it is ... a diesel Skoda Suber(b) - my son is hoping for a new car by the end of the year. He is to travel Ireland next year on behalf of the company so let's hope he has his new car before then. He works in the Land and Mineral Resources department of a concrete company, promoting prefab buildings among other things. I would say he is leaning towards a hybrid car thinking about his company 'road trip' next year.

We were discussing this, the 3 of us, on a recent visit to see my son and his wife up in Tyne and Wear.

As an aside I used one of those electric battery powered mobility scooters when going around Alnwick Gardens. The 'kids' surprised me ... oh what fun I had ... = ... my kind of speed dial = left was the image of a tortoise and to the right an image of a hare ... I mounted the kerb once, pranged it on the wishing well ... & ... went off road over the rough terrain where my son and his wife were relaxing in a two-seater 'garden type' swing ... an area of many swings like that for the children in the peak season and weekends. 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 14 of 15

blissgirl
Level 36: Perceptive
  • 8731 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I agree there slight_smile  my dad is against ev cars prefers petrol ones

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 15 of 15