Did you mean: 

Earphones or Headphones?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I see a lot of people wearing big headphones these days, on-the-go, running, even in the office for normal conference calls. Makes me wonder if the trends are changing? Are standard earphones supplied with the mobile not sufficient enough? Or is it because we just love wireless/ Bluetooth tech capabilities, especially when it comes to music?

Some of the names that come to my mind immediately are Bose, Sony and 50 cents & Dr Dre…What do you guys prefer?

Beats Pro

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I always thought people who were big headphones whilst walking down the street these days look right idiots! Mind you I like the in-ear canal type* for phones/hands free as at least you are aware of the surroundings rather than being immersed. Big headphones for conf calls....sure "conf calls" wink

But on a flight then its a big noise-cancelling headphone set for me. Not really fussed over the make but as long as its not too ostentatious, its fine.

* yet it doesn't matter as people still insist on talking to me when I have them in even though they realise its not a natural thing to have wires coming out of my ears. And yes, really I can't hear you when its obvious I've got the big headset on so why start talking before I've taking them off.......

Message 2 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I prefer to wear earphones when I'm out. Although if it's clarity I'm looking for indoors I use a pair of AKG closed-backs - whilst only being around 20dB attentuation are good enough for my needs.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 19

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Sheepdog wrote:

Yes, the noise cancellation feature is one of the main USPs - wonder if that can built with earphones too?

Message 4 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

* yet it doesn't matter as people still insist on talking to me when I have them in even though they realise its not a natural thing to have wires coming out of my ears. And yes, really I can't hear you when its obvious I've got the big headset on so why start talking before I've taking them off.......

I often why people do this to me?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

On a plane/train my panasonic hc500 noise canceling headsets. with a griffin mic adptor for the iphone on the train

When walking about My Plantronics backbeat 903 bluetooth headset

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like my Sony inner earphones, so much more comfy than normal earphones.

Got to say, I'm not a fan of the Beats style headsets. Far too hipster for my liking.
Message 7 of 19

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I like my Sony inner earphones, so much more comfy than normal earphones.

Got to say, I'm not a fan of the Beats style headsets. Far too hipster for my liking.

"Sony inner earphones" - I've never tried 'em but always wondered how do they fit so well? Ear size differs, don't they?

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
And a Swiss Army knife with a gadget similar to the one for removing stones from horses' shoes
Message 10 of 19