Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

END OF BST. Clocks Back

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123127 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Clocks go back an hr at 2am Sunday morning. I always do a reminder on Saturday as I put mine back before bed.😂

Clocks back 1.jpg

So an extra hour in bed.... or if working night shift, an extra hour at work.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Unfortunately a 9 year old doesn't understand the concept of more time in bed @Cleoriff so no doubt I'll be woken at 6am instead of 7am!

But thanks for the sentiments and the reminder...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 23

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7380 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Cleoriff  slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 3 of 23

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25189 Posts
  • 815 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Cleoriff 

I did mention it to my carer this morning and my only hope is she remembers and I get an extra hour`s sleep without her banging my door at some godforsaken hour tomorrow morning 😂

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Thanks for the posting reminder @blissgirl 

I shall be up earlier as my "internal" clock won't change for a while....🤔

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36205 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Ah, good point, @Cleoriff!

So calendar mayhem next week as some parts of the world stick with Daylight Saving Time for another week (USA, for example) and many countries that span the tropics stay just as they were... 

And dongles or widgets or doodats that need a solid 3hrs in an oven from midnight actually get 4hrs, if people aren't careful...

Message 6 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123127 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I just do mine before I go to bed. The way the weather has been, I doubt I will benefit from added light in the morning!! 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123127 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@TallTreesDid you mean to mention me as opposed to @blissgirl as I actually made the post. 🤣

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36205 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

See? Confusion reigns supreme 🤣

Here, I wrote this elsewhere some years back, on this very, selfsame topic:

Be afraid, be very, very afraid!

Daylight Saving Time, known in the UK as "British Summer Time" was foist upon us on the 28th of March 2021, at 2am. That, too, was a Sunday morning, by the way.

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

British Summer Time - why do we do it? That Sunday morning back in March, you probably woke up, looked blearily at the clock and dawdled into what should've be a sedate Sunday morning routine, only to find that you were being treated to the Archers Omnibus instead of Broadcasting House - where'd that hour go?

Autumn Leaves

Don't worry - it was only transitory because, guess what? They give you the hour back again, sans interest, when when the clocks fall back by an hour at 2am overnight tonight!

If I had to choose one of these annual time-warping events, I'd take the October "blip" - here's why:

Each of us gets the opportunity, once a year, to re-live an hour of our lives - and the powers-that-be make us wait until 02:00 to do it! Why couldn't the hour go back when I was enjoying a particularly good moment in my life, and I'd get to go through it all again, in the style of Groundhog Day. Or give me a chance to rectify that particularly bad choice of words I used with so-and-so in the pub, I'm sure I'd get it right the second time around. No, they have to go change it at some ungodly hour when I am too far out of it to notice.

The hour going back wreaks havoc with the central heating, your PC tells you that "Windows has auto-adjusted your clock, is that ok?", and the bread you put into the machine to be ready at 9am is now a sweaty lump instead of a crusty cob. Worse yet, that late-night bit of phwoooar TV program you thought you'd set the Sky box to record from 00:45 until 02:15 has half-recorded and then caught 45mins of "get your bets in here, free £25" adverts, or similar (!), if anything.

(Author's note: No Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+ or iPlayer back in those days!)

How do factories handle it? Automated production lines churning out dongles that have to be baked for exactly 98.25mins - which have had their cooking-time extended by an hour as 01:59:59 came and madly reset the thing back to 01:00:00...

What about hole-in-the-wall cash machines/auto-tellers? I wonder if I withdraw £20.00 at 01:30 in old currency, can I go back to the same machine and withdraw another £10.00 an hour later at 01:30 and only get £10.00 deducted from my account?

White is in the Winter Night

Anyway - that's enough for now, I wouldn't want to add to the sense of loss you might have felt last March as UK plc borrowed an hour from you for about 7 months - don't wait up for the fall-back event, they don't thank you for it!

Message 9 of 23

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 557 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

We do ours before we go to bed so many clocks in our house to do 

Message 10 of 23