EGX 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Two people playing video games

Hi everyone, 

Tomorrow, I will be going to EGX 2019 at ExCeL London in the Docklands. For those of you who aren't familiar with this event, EGX is the UK’s premier video games show, celebrating all things gaming 🎮

I've been to a smaller version of this event before, dedicated to Indie games, and it was a lot of fun to try out some upcoming games! This will be much bigger, and from what I understand there will be a lot of video games both high budget and indie showcased, available to try, along with some competitions, panels with game creators, board games, merch, and loads more! You can find more info here.

In case there's anything you guys are interested in or curious about, let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to bring you back some info or pictures nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Also, while you're in the area, Huawei have a pop up shop for the new smartwatch they have..... in the docks... as in, in the water.
All you have to do, is swim to the shop, place your order and dive down to collect it... underwater.
Get down there and it's free.
Message 2 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis I thought you were joking but after looking it up it seems it is true astonished

If I have the chance to pop by I'll snap a picture for you guys, bu I'm not big on swimming so maybe I'll pass ... are you planning a trip down to the docks yourself then? wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Lord viridis never jokes about matters of the tech nature.
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Lord viridis never jokes about matters of the tech nature.

Lol rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

poor Huawei Cry

Got to go to those lengths even to give them away

@EmilieT 

@viridis 

@Cleoriff 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that’s a challenge I’d love to try... as long as there wasn’t a queue!
Message 7 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis Apologies Lord Viridis Hero

@TallTrees sweat_smile

@Anonymous If you end up going to this one or anything similar, I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear about your experience -including myself!

A bit more on topic ... :

@liggerz87 @Anonymous @Anonymous @Dragzboy  @JasonRossiter @RyanK1992 

I'm trying to remember who's into gaming on the community, and you guys are the ones I remember on top of my head wink Anything you'd like me to keep an eye out for at the event tomorrow, games or gaming tech you're curious about? 

signature

Message 8 of 16

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieTI'm a bit of a retro gamer I'd say. I'm still holding out for my Sonic Mania 2 fingers_crossedjoy

iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 9 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@RyanK1992 wrote:

@EmilieTI'm a bit of a retro gamer I'd say. I'm still holding out for my Sonic Mania 2 fingers_crossedjoy

I think there's a retro gaming area as part of the expo, I'll see if I can get chance to check it out for you slight_smile

signature

Message 10 of 16