Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember when they were Diamond Cable (in Notts) & they had a free number you could dial to request a video on their own music channel. Britney, Eminem & Shania Twain were channel favourites!

Oh yes, forgot that. The street man hole covers where we are still say "Diamond" on them grin

Message 11 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember when they were Diamond Cable (in Notts) & they had a free number you could dial to request a video on their own music channel. Britney, Eminem & Shania Twain were channel favourites!

Oh yes, forgot that. The street man hole covers where we are still say "Diamond" on them grin

We still have lots round here. I might take a shot of one when i'm out and about. I had a friend in Tonbridge & they had 'BlueYonder' until 'ntl' took them over too! She still has her Blueyonder email account to this day!

Message 12 of 48

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Do you also remember cable TV from Redifusion, those lovely manual channel selector switches usually on the window sill cool

Message 13 of 48

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I feel another PPI type scandal coming on!

Prepare for all the emails and dodgy texts everyone LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 14 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I was with NTL until Virgin took them over.

Seemed fine at the time, until their charges increased with no warning at all. It seemed we were paying ridiculous prices every time the bill arrived. It was always higher than the previous one. We threatened to leave unless they reverted to the price quoted.

Again ok for a while. Speeds were dropping and prices rose.

We left and went to BT.  Better service all round (for us)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 48

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

BT do get some stick, sometimes justified, but I would always select them over Virgin now. Better pricing and no speed capping at peak times.

Message 16 of 48

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
I have a long lasting hatred of BT @dgilbert2 They charged huge money for putting in a phone line, moving a phone, reconnecting a phone drawing blood for everything they could no one else to go to, quarterly charges, phone call charges huge. I vowed they will never get another penny from me directly, even if they were the best in uk😡

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 48

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @TallTrees, what a nightmare! An example of justified criticism Jaw-dropping

Message 18 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
I have a long lasting hatred of BT @dgilbert2 They charged huge money for putting in a phone line, moving a phone, reconnecting a phone drawing blood for everything they could no one else to go to, quarterly charges, phone call charges huge. I vowed they will never get another penny from me directly, even if they were the best in uk😡

All I can say is, it must be area dependant.

We have about 8 devices running off WiFi at any one given time in our house. 3 phones, 2 PC's, 1 tablet, a Wifi box and an XBox one. Obviously, we need good wifi to deal with that lot...

I really haven't had any issues with them at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 48

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff
Before WiFi before internet!
They were God
BT have to fit in now..probably not bad now but I just can't like them..historic but still painful.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 20 of 48