Do you wear a Christmas Jumper? 🦌

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

AdventCalendar.png

Hey everyone!

If you go out and about today, you might see unusually many people all wearing some type of Christmas jumpers. Reindeers, elves, festive trees, snowmen, glitter... that's because today, 14th December, is the official Christmas Jumpers DayHappy Dance

While it's some lighthearted fun to celebrate Christmas time, the main point of it is actually to raise awareness for children in need by the Save the Children organisation. You can find more information on their website.

Do you ever wear a Christmas Jumper? If so, what does it look like?  smile

We had a little Christmas celebration at the office last night and managed to snap a few photos of the Christmas jumpers our colleagues were wearing... check them out below! sweat_smile

More info

This is actually @EmilieT's Christmas jumper which I was told relates also to Game of Thrones (which I've also been told I need to watch)

Jumper 1

Check out this gaming-themed Christmas jumper (actually t-shirt):
Jumper2.jpg

Polar bear jumper!
Jumper 3

This Santa enjoying a home-made crepe grin
Jumper4.jpg

Another, slightly different polar bear jumper!
Jumper 5

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Love the jumpers @Marjo; very festive. My favourite is @EmilieT because it relates to GOT - am a big fan of the show. And yes, you really should watch it. I'm gutted there's only one more season, though I understand there will be a spin-off series. Bring it on Bouncy

Getting back to your question, I don't own a Christmas jumper. Like them on other people, not so much on me Fear

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I personally 'wouldn't be seen dead' in one joy

I have no problem with others wearing them and have seen some really amusing ones about, though as they don't do them long in tunic style, they wouldn't do for me at all...

Carry on showing them though. I will pick my personal favourite at the end of the thread. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 34

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a Chewbacca one with "Not Socks Again" on it, but also have a Christamas T-Shirt with a Dalek on it that says "Decorate!" rofl

Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

NEVER!

Message 5 of 34

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Glory1 Yeah I'm going to start the show from the beginning again, last time I abandoned it after about 5 episodes but that was a while ago now so my tastes might have changed a bit... let's see!

@Cleoriff your reply made me wonder and I googled "Christmas jumper tunic" - there actually are some! grin Would you wear any of theseyahoo

@welshsteve76 Ooh they sound great!! Can we see photos of them by any chance? grin

@Anonymous Ok what about... Christmas tie? Thoughful Or something less visible: Christmas socks? sweat_smile

Message 6 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok @Marjo if you insist, I might wear either of these joy

Image result for christmas jumper tunic

Or

Image result for christmas jumper tunic

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Yup - a penguin one, green... 

Screenshot_20181214-172849__01.jpg

Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do wear a Christmas jumper

It's red with a decorated Christmas tree on it ... but ... it's too hot as it's a thick knit

The last time I wore it was to a bit of a silly do the day after Theresa May won the last General Election ... att I was in Bah Humbug mode ... I have a silly Christmas tree hat too

btw I'm pleased she won her vote of confidence recently ... she must be exhausted 

Message 9 of 34

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The nearest I would get to anything Christmassy...I do have a pair one red sock!

Message 10 of 34