Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darwin awards!

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Tonight I witnessed an act of stupidity that can only be described as a worthy candidate of the Darwin Award.

I was driving along merrily down a country lane on my way home (60mph limit doing 40) and as I round a corner I suddenly see an individual lying in the road(slam on the brakes) got out to see if it was ok. The guy jumped up and ran off laughing to his mates whom were hiding in the bush.

Obviously I'm a little shaken up almost having killed someone. However I can't help but think I'd of been doing humanity a favour if I had(dark I know).

So it inspired me to ask everyone else, what is the dumbest thing you've seen in your life. Be it a lack of "common sense" or a lack of intelligence.

("" used due to it not being so common anymore)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Back in my youth some of my friends thought it a good idea to play 'motorway chicken', which resulted in the loss of a young life ,and I'm sure the devastation of the driver.

Rolls eyes !
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Haha ill try and take that as a generalisation rather than being aimed at me tongue wink

Not aimed at you mate wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And then of course, you have folk like me in Nursing who spend major amounts of time, picking up the pieces (quite literally) of people who did something like this (as a joke)

Dealing with the after effects on families etc etc etc.. As you all say..a very dark topic, but one that, unfortunately, is all too common....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

What's even more moronic is that in the event of you running them over, you would be prosecuted for dangerous driving/without care and attention. I know its happened to someone I know who had a drunk walk out in front of them and admitted they were at fault but yet the CPS chose to ignore the facts and went after the driver.

Even more worrying is that some kids around here have a tendency to walk out in front of you as an act of "being hard" so you end up braking abruptly or in my case, just swerve round them which gives them a bigger shock as they weren't expecting to be that close to my paintwork.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even if it isn't them at fault they still go after the driver either way
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Cleoriff,

I sympathise with you there.

My older brothers a paramedic.
Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

My son is a senior paramedic but he doesn't like talking about the things he has to deal with especially when he works nights. I worry about him because of the huge stress. I so admire anyone who has to deal with the consequent of accidents and thoughtless incidents.

Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Paramedics...our frontline staff. They do a wonderful job and I am full of admiration for them.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too after saving me from a bad epilepsy seizure
Message 19 of 19