Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darwin awards!

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Tonight I witnessed an act of stupidity that can only be described as a worthy candidate of the Darwin Award.

I was driving along merrily down a country lane on my way home (60mph limit doing 40) and as I round a corner I suddenly see an individual lying in the road(slam on the brakes) got out to see if it was ok. The guy jumped up and ran off laughing to his mates whom were hiding in the bush.

Obviously I'm a little shaken up almost having killed someone. However I can't help but think I'd of been doing humanity a favour if I had(dark I know).

So it inspired me to ask everyone else, what is the dumbest thing you've seen in your life. Be it a lack of "common sense" or a lack of intelligence.

("" used due to it not being so common anymore)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's so stupid it's unbelievable, suppose you had been bombing down that lane at 80, chances are he wouldn't be running off and laughing with his dumb pals!

I hope you weren't too shaken up by it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If he hadn't been wearing black it wouldn't of been so close. I'm more shaken up by the fact two lives could of been ruined tonight by an act of stupidity. (I'm not sure stupidity is the right word).
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 19

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

These fools (the types that also think its fun to dodge trains) have no idea of the utter devistation they leave behind. I was reading a while back about a train driver who committed suicide several months after he struck and killed some teenager who was playing chicken on the lines. He blamed himself and in the end took his own life.

When I was in my teens my next door neighbour - and a good friend of mine - hung himself from the stairs of his home after an argument with his girlfriend. Apparently it was quite likely that he was doing it as a cry for attention as he was expecting his mother to arrive home any time however she was delayed at work, so when she did arrive she found him dead. I was at home at the time and still remember the screams when she walked through the door.

Boy this thread took a dark turn quickly.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
If he hadn't been wearing black it wouldn't of been so close. I'm more shaken up by the fact two lives could of been ruined tonight by an act of stupidity. (I'm not sure stupidity is the right word).

The correct word wouldn't last here for two seconds, stupidity will have to do.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wow I'm sorry to have heard that rycal:(

I think this thread should try and move back towards the less dark side or it won't last long (If possible).

I also have read of that driver:( such a terrible ordeal!
Message 6 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Plenty post on here that could be nominated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha as much as I'd love to make bad grammar and unrelenting ignorance a crime, I believe I wouldn't last too long grin
Message 8 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not just for grammar or spelling either wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha ill try and take that as a generalisation rather than being aimed at me tongue wink
Message 10 of 19