Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Personally I think they should stop 'pandering' to her.

The fact she has always skated near to last is indicative of this...." Let's all wait for the Star"...

If she skated earlier it would be far too noticeable if she avoided standing upstairs with the rest of the skaters ready to be interviewed by Phil and Holly. 

(She wasn't there last week, all the others (except Melody) were.)

I know her excuse would be she was changing for her Save Me skate...but that doesn't wash with me at all. Old dress off, new dress on.Get upstairs ready to be interviewed with the rest of the 'peasants'...

The pandered to her when they failed to include her in any discussion about DOI on This Morning.

There are 10 skaters on that show. Not one of them gets a mention.

As Saira said, Wes had a lot of bad publicity last week. It didn't stop him turning up and practising for hours and hours. No one mentioned that.

If Jason mark her low again this week then 3 cheers for him. He certainly isn't guilty of pandering to her at all

The other 3 judges seem to be worried about the flak they may get from her!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 131 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Totally agree @Cleoriff. All press publicity on DOI is about her because, unfortunately, she's good copy.

Everyone on DOI, excluding Jason, walks on eggshells round Gemma. And if she throws a tantrum like last week then throw her off the show. Stop treating her as if she's special and maybe she'll get the message. Though I doubt it as she seems to live in a world all her own.

And the only good thing I can say about Jason is he panders to no one. He says exactly what he thinks and bu66er everyone else.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 132 of 455

Anonymous
Not applicable

That person is ruining a darn good tv programme

It's become The Gemma Collins Show

The producers must have known what they were getting into with her

I cringe when that person is mentioned / seen / pranicks about on the ice Smiley Mad

Message 133 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

All that aside, this thread is so long because we ALL keep talking about her.

Bit of a joke really. (just like her)  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 134 of 455

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I suggest you all stop referring to her by name. I would hate for O2 to be responsible for search hits on her....

Think of a new name for her...I suggest Blimp or Goodyear Tyres LOL

Message 135 of 455

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I suggest you all stop referring to her by name. I would hate for O2 to be responsible for search hits on her....

How about Shrek?

Message 136 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

LOL either is apt.

Message 137 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

If we are going for tyres...what about Michelin? tongue_winking

Image result for Images of Michelin man

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 138 of 455

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well I've got to admit, there's an uncanny sort of resemblance......in fact more than a resemblance rofl

@Cleoriff wrote:

Message 139 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well I've got to admit, there's an uncanny sort of resemblance......in fact more than a resemblance rofl

@Cleoriff wrote:

Absolutely perfect. I love it LOL

Message 140 of 455