Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2019/2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The new series of Dancing On Ice officially starts in January 2020, although there will be a Christmas Special in 2019.

Last year a few people posted on the thread including @Glory1 so we will see how we go this year.

The main news is Jason Gardiner has left the show and John Barrowman will replace him. So no more nasty comments (shame)

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a28795098/dancing-on-ice-2020-cast-lineup-start-date-celebr... 

The contestants are....

Maura Higgins (from Love Island)

Dancing on Ice 2020 contestant

Michael Barrymore.

Joe Swash (ex Eastenders now TV Presenter)

H From Steps. He will make history as the first contestant to dance with a same sex partner.

(Not sure how that will work but let's wait and see)....

Perri Kiely (Dancer from Diversity) Let's see how Ashley Banjo marks him!!)

Lisa George (Who plays Beth Tinker in Coronation Street)

Libby Clegg (Registered Blind Paralympian)

Trisha Goddard (Talk show host/TV Presenter)

Lucrezia Millarini (ITV news presenter)

Kevin Kilbane (Former Footballer and TV Pundit)

Kevin Kilbane, dancing on Ice 2020

Ben Hanlin. Magician (best known for TV show Tricked)

Caprice Bourret (Model, Actress Blah blah blah rofl)

And that's it. I've counted and there seems to be more contestants this year?

It will be presented as usual by Phil and Holly.

Looking forward to it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If Perri makes a mess of tomorrow night, I won't vote for him, it's that simple. I won't vote at all.The other two do not deserve their place in the final.

The fact he is my favourite is irrelevant when it comes to the best skater. He IS the best skater. The odds show that. Had you ever watched it, you would agree.

Personally @Anonymous I think your mission is to try and wind us up on this thread, so mission accomplished. Although, unlike Jane, I feel I put up a better argument (simply because I wont vote if Perri make a hash of it all)

I will just end by saying, if I was a betting man, I would lay my money on Perri winning tomorrow, as opposed to Lewis Hamilton winning in Australia. That's the difference

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 201 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
And that’s where you’re wrong.. I’m not here to wind anyone up. I call what I see and if that’s wrong then I’m wrong. Hands up I’ll admit it and apologise.
I’m hoping neither of you are putting up an argument because this isn’t what this is.. Just saying what I see, favouritism!

Btw Jane said that my opinion would be welcomed on this thread at the beginning.. so I did watch one.. it was tough going. It wasn’t so much the dancing, but all the talking, the adverts and the rest of the non dancing stuff. Maybe if I’d have had Sky or VM I could’ve skipped the crud and maybe enjoyed it slightly more.

As for favourites.. everyone has favourites including me, but as a judge you’re supposed to be impartial and that’s why these programs grip the ****** out of me.. they never are. Whether it be half a brain, half a leg or the 1st same sex couple.. sympathy always comes into it. And as pointed out in this thread..should they get the sympathy vote.. no. Do they get the sympathy vote.. supposedly not but I can’t help thinking they do!

And then add in the public who are, let’s face it... as random as they come.. and the result could be far from reality!

I’ll let you lovely people enjoy your thread and watch from the sidelines.. I hope whoever you want to win, skates well and wins!
Message 202 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree with you that the adverts are annoying.. I have always moaned about the fact that a 2 hour show comes down to 60 minutes skating and the rest is fluff. However, if you record it you can't vote.

You are as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. However I did object to you saying I would vote for Perri simply because he is my favourite. Jane said that. I never did exactly. He has been my favourite since day 1 simply because he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Your opinion is welcome on any thread @Anonymous  but don't put words into my mouth saying I am as bad as the judges by voting for my favourite. I am voting for the best skater. Which just happens to be Perri.

Having watched DOI since it started years ago, I have never seen as much bias from the judges as I have in this show. Libby herself said she wanted to be judged just like everyone else. Annoyingly the judges are treating her as someone special, marking her high when she doesn't deserve it and that's grossly unfair to contestants who have been voted out. She has been in the bottom 2 for 3 weeks running yet still makes it into the final?

Anyway enough now. I've said my piece, you have said yours and funnily enough we agree on a lot of things from what I can see of your last post. Handshake

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 203 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And here we go. Final time. Hooray Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 204 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As a reminder, the judges mark these skates but they have no say as to who will go through to the final two. That's down to the public.

Joe and Alex: Silent Movie Medley.(Various Artists) What a brilliant homage to Charley Chaplin. Suited Joe down to the ground. Excellent Skate. Scored 40

Perri and Vanessa: Skip to The Good Bits (by Rizzle Kicks)

Good grief...Perri did a back flip on ice ...never been done before, Superb skate. I'm still shaking..: Scored 40 with a standing ovation!!!.

Libby and Mark: Chariots of Fire/Reach (Vangelis/Gloria Estefan)

Stirring stuff Libby, with a nod to the Olympics Excellent skate Scored 40

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 239

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Joe - brilliant skate, brilliantly funny - deserved score of 40

Perri - wow just wow - best skate of the competition and back flip on ice? spectacular... if he doesn`t win then DOI IS FIXED

Libby - OMG where do I start? Didn`t just play the sympathy card, played on past glories, and Chris even had to throw in International Womens Day, played on patriotism with Chariots of Fire and costumes -

all we needed was that Chelsea Pensioner from Britain`s Got Talent to wobble across the ice and give her a hug...

Come on, she was assisted not by one but two for most of the routine, and spent over 50% off the ice not even skating... I wish we could VOTE OFF who we want seen gone...

Rant over... 

Bring on the real skating...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 206 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Second Skate (I think the judges are geared up to score 10 for every routine. yahoo)

Perri and Vanessa: Skated to Senorita. A beautiful skate, much improved from the last time.  Scored 40

Joe and Alex: Skated to Nice To Meet ya. Well done Joe. Better than I thought he would be...Scored 40

Libby and Mark: Bare Necessities. Very good but I will say again. Never out of hold until they did the part when they slid along the floor. No surprise scored 40.

The voting was open before anyone skated by the way, so that seems as if it's a 'vote for your favourite' vote' A bit stupid really.

Now comes the interesting bit....the voting soon to be frozen...

Nice to see all the other skaters from the series back on ice ...with the exception of Caprice. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 207 of 239

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Have I missed anything rofl Been out the last few sunday's and ITV catchup, well lets just say I wasn't going to wait 24 hours to watch DOI so had to read the summary on this thread. 

Message 208 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Joe - brilliant skate, brilliantly funny - deserved score of 40

Perri - wow just wow - best skate of the competition and back flip on ice? spectacular... if he doesn`t win then DOI IS FIXED

Libby - OMG where do I start? Didn`t just play the sympathy card, played on past glories, and Chris even had to throw in International Womens Day, played on patriotism with Chariots of Fire and costumes -

all we needed was that Chelsea Pensioner from Britain`s Got Talent to wobble across the ice and give her a hug...

Come on, she was assisted not by one but two for most of the routine, and spent over 50% off the ice not even skating... I wish we could VOTE OFF who we want seen gone...

Rant over... 

Bring on the real skating...

True @Mi-Amigo . I did ask my other half to tell me when he saw Libby out of hold. He said when she slid over the floor. Correct. No point in the judges being there really. Just give everyone 10's and leave it to the viewers. Well my votes are cast and no surprise that they all went to Perri. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 209 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thank God. Libby is out.

In the final Perri and Vanessa  v Joe and Alex.

They will dance the Bolero...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 210 of 239