Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid-19 Lockdown And Self-isolation Support Group

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

More and more people are or will be suffering the effects of coronavirus.

Last weekend, I was concerned about the advice that over 70s should self-isolate and posted my worries on a thread. Thanks to the messages of support, I now feel more positive about coping and dealing with things on a day by day basis.

Yesterday, we heard that one of the members of the O2 Community - @BOSSGOGG - and his family are in self-impossed lockdown and self-isolation.

Sadly, he and his family may only be the first of our members to self-isolate.

In the circumstances, and so rather than cases be reported on different threads and be missed, I have set this thread up to compliment the Coronavirus thread [with news and updates on the virus], and the "work-from-home" threads.

This is a place to post and let others know if you or your family have decided to, or have to, self-isolate

It is also the place where we can offer messages of support to all those in such a situation.

We are a Community. We are here. We can and will share our experiences. We can and will help and support. We will overcome this virus.

Thank you all for caring

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie 

My district nurse cancelled her monthly appointment via telephone this morning. They are overworked and trying desperately to prioritise patients. I wasn't bothered as I can always phone them if I need to.

I also wrote a letter to my GP requesting a different prescription for something I need. He knows I'm a nurse by background and never argues with me....so I expect I will get what I want rofl

My husband dropped the letter to the surgery this morning.

Best of luck with Tesco. All this guff about allowing the vulnerable and needy in an hour before anyone else, certainly went to pot today. I belong to my towns community forum and was not at all surprised to see photos and videos of people queuing out of the doors of Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Lidl and Sainsburys.

Not one vulnerable or elderly person to be seen.

I have no idea how they will police this panic buying.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Wonderful thread @Mi-Amigo! This, @Anonymous's working from home support thread along with all the other support and info posts has has been really inspiring and it's been fantastic to see you all coming together during this difficult time. 

With the self isolation and a potential lock down coming online communities are more important then ever for keeping people connected and supported and I'm proud to help manage such a fantastic community. 

Both myself and @Marjo are now working from home but you shouldn't notice any difference in how things run and if anyone has any concerns, worries or just needs a chat then get in touch any time. 

Let's keep up the positivity and we'll get through this together. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Are you home.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just to add some light hearted relief....rofl

toilet rolls.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 30

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HM the Queen might not be a member of the O2 Community but has issued a statment which is very much like the comments made on here.

BBC News website reported about an hour ago:

The Queen has issued a message to the UK people on the coronavirus outbreak, saying the nation is “entering a period of great concern and uncertainty”.

The 93-year-old praised the work of scientists, medics and emergency staff, but added that everyone has a "vitally important part to play".

She said:

"Our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one."

The monarch is currently at Windsor Castle with the Duke of Edinburgh.

She had already cut short her official duties because of the crisis.

Her message was issued by Buckingham Palace after NHS officials announced that the UK death toll had climbed to 137.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 30

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Good idea, @Mi-Amigo.

One of the neighbours and her daughter, now unable to complete her A-level studies, dropped by with this (I have edited out the phone numbers on the front), supported by the 3 local churches and local community centre.

IMG_20200319_201730__01__01_compress78.jpg

Community spirit, if you know where to look. 👍

Message 16 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

There's a lot of good people around @pgn 

The same sort of thing is going on in our town. It certainly sorts out the good from selfish others.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Although I'm sure there will be the scammers out there looking to prey on vulnerable folk. People need to only trust those known to them......

Message 18 of 30

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn and @Cleoriff 

Thank you for your posts about support in the community.

As @jonsie pointed out there is  a need to be vigilant and trust those we know

It is worth mentioning on here @Anonymous `s thread 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/The-Working-from-Home-support-thread/td-p/1303530

on those working from home due to Covid-19

I wish them well and hope they are managing in these difficult times

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 30

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
On a positive note, my dad had his diesel delivery today. He can now go play on his boat out the way of Muppet * civilians.

*Not all civilians are Muppets. Just an awful lot of them. 😁.
unnamed
Message 20 of 30