Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

Its community spotlight time again! This time around the spotlight is on @version7point0! version7point0 joined the O2 community way back 2012 and has recently come back to the forum after a break. 

We have asked a series of questions to help you all get to know them a little better. So drop in and say hi below and ask anything that your curious about. wink

What's your name and where are you from?

Hi! I'm Ray from Hartlepool

Favourite thing about the forum/what do you like best?

The level of knowledge and experience from the established members is fantastic and always so impartial compared to branded / employed responses.

No matter what the issue there is always someone here who can help.

Why did you join the O2 forums?

I've been around on the forums for a few years now, it started as a was of gaining knowledge of the common issues O2 customers faced when I was an in store Guru for O2 and helping where I could in an unofficial capacity. 

Which mobile phone did you first own and why?

My first mobile phone, was the Motorola CD920 – monophonic ringtones and no WAP – but it had a cool little flip that covered the keypad. 

Apple, Android or Windows?

I've tried them all and each has its merits but I always end off going back to Android.

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

Too many possible choices, I'll try and keep it brief.

Movie. Star Wars: A New Hope, Superman (Christopher Reeve) and Airplane. I used to watch them over and over again on my Grandad's Laser Vision when I was young

On the planner for TV Shows – The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, The Flash, Gotham, and Mr Robot

As for an actor, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks and Matt Damon never seem to disappoint.

What are your tastes in music?

If I can close my eyes and a song take me somewhere or just gets me tapping my foot then it gets my vote. My recent activity on Play Music shows the Four Tops, Oasis, Adel, Elvis, Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer, Pink Floyd, Placebo and the Chemical Brother and that is just a handful.

Do you have any pets?

We have a cat, but he seems to think we are his pets. I think he took that Cravendale advert far too seriously and ever since he has not been the same.

Cats or dogs which is better?

Cats of course, opposable thumbs is all that separates them from complete control. 

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Grab the wife, kids and cat, head to Weatherspoons, have a nice cold pint and wait for it all to blow over.

(Truth be told I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to this but my plans are far too detailed to be listed here)

Favourite meal?

Christmas dinner at Mams – she recently made one mid year before my sister left for America – but you know it just didn't taste quite the same, must be the Christmas magic which adds to the taste.

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

The day we have a mobile phone battery that goes back to charging once every other week. The Internet of things, convergeance, VR and AR etc are amazing feats of how far our mobiles have come but it is about time batteries backed the tech up and little bit more.

Hobbies besides mobile?

Family days out are always my favourite, between taking snaps of everything with my camera you can usually find me doing anything the kids are doing. Come bed time I like to catch up on any TV shows and movies I've been wanting to watch. Gaming - Ingress and more recently Pokemon Go keep me active, when I have a bit more time I play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Vain-Glory and occasionally Hearthstone.

Great stuff thanks version7point0. 

If anyone has any follow up questions post away below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi Ray.
Nice to see you back. Your taste in music is very eclectic. Have you ever been to any festivals?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ahhh, Lemon Tops in Seaton Carew.... Memories slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
@Cleoriff thank you, its good to be back. I've never been to a festival,, its one of those things I always said I would do but never got round to it. They don't have age limits on them do they. Haha.

@MI5 I'm more of a strawberry sauce kinda guy. Or more aptly nicknamed monkeys blood.
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@version7point0 wrote:
@Cleoriff thank you, its good to be back. I've never been to a festival,, its one of those things I always said I would do but never got round to it. They don't have age limits on them do they. Haha.

One of my lads wanted to drag me to a festival this weekend. ...so no... there is no age limit Ray !!

Another question. I know you used to work for O2......when did you have a change of career?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Of course... Monkey hangers slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
@Cleoriff we had always discussed me taking a second stint at being a stay at home dad and a few things kindly fell into place with me leaving last November.

@MI5 got it in one, although I'm originally from a few mile up the road, its the better half who is born and bred here.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've got a few mates up that way. They hate that nickname 😛

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi Ray....people actually live in Hartlepool? I remember when they had a football team so population at least 11 LOL

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I ain't that old!

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14