Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours In Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the sixth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of colour-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other colour-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but those in the list. Should you find any of the words in songs not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [colour-related word] in [name of song it appreas in].

This Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow [Monday 13 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 11pm Tuesday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after midnight until 11pm.

The list of colour-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 409
408 REPLIES 408

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo just for my own curiousity, I googled the question you asked about the number of times the word 'love' appeared in All You Need Is Love and the answer given is 102 and the 2 loves were not counted.

Interesting that.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 381 of 409

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

So I was correct after all Fantastic

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 382 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

So I was correct after all Fantastic

So it would appear @MI5, congratulations.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 383 of 409

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
But if I've learned one thing from @Mi-Amigo's questions, it matters not what the popular belief is or what Google says wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 384 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But if I've learned one thing from @Mi-Amigo's questions, it matters not what the popular belief is or what Google says wink

A fair point @MI5 . The problem with popular belief and what google says is it is just that - popular belief - often unsubstantiated.

Like with the Thursday Quiz and QI tv show, what I try to do is give and accept answers for which there is supportive evidence. With the Beatles` Challenges, I use, where possible, the definitive, published lyrics [some from the actual songsheets published at the time], and from my vast library of Beatles books and magazine [for example, the origin of "Ciggies, Sarnies and Songs" and the album which it was the alternative title in the Alternative Titles Challenge].

I realise that sometimes there may be differences of opinion as to my decision and where this has been the case I have gone and re-examined my sources. I admit I make mistakes and miss answers, but trust this does not distract too much from the Challenge, and can honestly say that where and when this has occured, I too have learned more about the music of the greatest band of all time.  

As long as members want these Challenges, then I will run them, because the reason I plan, research and run these Challenges is not for myself but for the members to enjoy and have fun.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 385 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Mi-Amigo just for my own curiousity, I googled the question you asked about the number of times the word 'love' appeared in All You Need Is Love and the answer given is 102 and the 2 loves were not counted.

Interesting that.

Thanks @Glory1 

Very interesting google result.

As I said, I do not have a reliable source which gives the definitive answer. The answer I gave was from my own personal count of the words "love" and "loves" and no way am I claiming that my answer of 99 is correct. It was intended to be my own findings and a bit of fun.

I am curious to know if any google search result gives a reference, which can be checked?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 386 of 409

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35942 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions
Wow! Thank you for checking out the UK #1s, @Mi-Amigo! As an ex-teacher, I think our QM is an NME kinda guy, hence the 17.
Message 387 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Wow! Thank you for checking out the UK #1s, @Mi-Amigo! As an ex-teacher, I think our QM is an NME kinda guy, hence the 17.

No problem @pgn . It`s worth noting that NME was the most popular music paper in the 1960s, so could be why the quizmaster went for 17 from that.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 388 of 409

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
My initial response to @Glory1 was obviously tongue in cheek and my comments re Google were meant exactly as you say, " not everything on the internet is true" wink

Currently using:
Message 389 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
My initial response to @Glory1 was obviously tongue in cheek and my comments re Google were meant exactly as you say, " not everything on the internet is true" wink

Thank you @MI5 - much appreciated.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 390 of 409