Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee break is almost over

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I wanted to mention that I've been on a break from coffee for almost 60 days now. Just as a challenge to myself (which amuses me) to see if I can do it. I'm a huge coffee drinker normally. Next week Saturday is the 60th day, and on Sunday I can finally enjoy a wonderful cup of strong black coffee again!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

At first I had headaches every day for about 2 weeks, but that's pretty much it, apart from having coffee-related dreams sometimes. I've been having black tea instead every day. And it feels like it's never quite right or enough! open_mouth When someone has a cup of coffee at the office, I usually go and sniff it deeply...

So after next week Sunday I will most likely be in an exceptionally good mood. grin

Have any of you tried the same with anything? Coffee, cigarettes, sugar, alcohol....? How did it go? grin I know @viridis is doing his no-cash challenge this month!

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Should be interesting this weekend.....

On Sunday I'll most likely be exceptionally hyper. grin It's going to be a good day!

Message 32 of 43

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Should be interesting this weekend.....

On Sunday I'll most likely be exceptionally hyper. grin It's going to be a good day!

You obviously support ManU....LOL

Message 33 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done @Marjo

Coffee & Walnut cake ... scrummy Bouncy

Message 34 of 43

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie Noooo...

@Anonymous That's a great idea! Also what I want is coffee with a piece (or many pieces) of tiramisu!

Message 35 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Tiramisu?? Off to call the sugar police....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy your large slice / bowl of tiramisu @Marjo

I've got a humble egg custard waiting for me on the kitchen table :womanvery-happy:

You should be very proud of yourself Marjo ... I doubt I could give up a cuppa tea & milk chocolate ... LOL ... I am just about on course with a chocolate after lunch & tea ... but ... I have been slipping by having a chocolate for brekkie ... see I'm a chocholic Bouncy

Message 37 of 43

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Chocolate for breakfast! @Anonymous LOL

Message 38 of 43

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Last time I had chocolate was last May....I refuse to pay the extortionate price here for Cadbury and Thai chocolate is avoided at all costs....

Message 39 of 43

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Last time I had chocolate was last May....I refuse to pay the extortionate price here for Cadbury and Thai chocolate is avoided at all costs....

Thai chocolate, what's it like? slight_smile

Message 40 of 43