Did you mean: 

Closing then re opening a new account

Laura52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear all,

my current account is in my dads name. Unfortunately he has had a head injury and will no longer be able to look after himself. As my account is under his name I am looking to close this account and re open one under my name. He has got brain damage so unable to remember his security questions. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24065 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Laura52 Sorry to hear of your dad's injury. You're going to have to speak to customer service and hope that you get someone who's sympathetic and understands your situation. In order to open an account in your name you're going to have to pass a credit check. I don't think there's any way around that, no matter what the circumstances are.

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

One way would be to text PAC to 65075 and take your number to another network pay and go

That would automatically close the account without needing to contact customer service

Then take out a new account by getting your PAC again and bring your number back to O2 if the network suits you

Whichever bway you do it you will need to be credit checked for an account in your name

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Laura52 

See here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4