Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clap For Heroes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Millions of people stood on their doorsteps and applauded the front-line workers and carers in the Clap for Carers during the first national lockdown.

The official https://clapforourcarers.co.uk/ website has announced

Clap For Our Carers is back for ‘Lockdown 3’, but this time we’ve widened our campaign and updated our name to Clap For Heroes!

Clap For Heroes will not only celebrate our NHS, care workers and key workers – from delivery drivers to postal workers, emergency services to teachers – but will also acknowledge every hero who has played their part through the pandemic, including but not limited to: home-schoolers, neighbours, scientists, volunteers, all those who wear masks when out, those who have stayed at home and socially distanced, shop workers, those in the Arts and hospitality sectors, everyone who has battled or is still battling Covid-19 (or caring for a loved one who is unwell), and also those sorely missed loved ones and friends who have been tragically lost to the virus.

Please join us on doorsteps and balconies (wearing masks and at a safe social distance) across the UK this Thursday at 8pm and let’s show our appreciation to all our heroes!

I`ll be on my doorstep at 8pm tonight and every Thursday evening and hope as many as possible will show their support for these true heroes.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It seems the very least we can do. they are all heroes to me, especially my paramedic son

Each and every one of us should be out there showing our appreciation

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Everyone of these heroes are exhausted. I will be out clapping. Even though it may be short as it's so cold. So as well as staying safe, wrap up warm one and all x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
‘Twas pretty quiet round these parts.
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very disappointing, I was the only one out in our crescent.

I didn't stay out long, I have to be honest

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Very disappointing, I was the only one out in our crescent.

I didn't stay out long, I have to be honest

Exactly the same in our cul de sac @jonsie  I didn't stay out long at all. Not freezing myself to death when no-one else give a damn.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 11

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very quiet here, too with only me and my neighbour on the doorstep. Didn`t stay out long due to cold.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The lass whose idea it was back in the summer, is no longer advising it. Apparently she received so much online abuse and trolling, she came off social media and closed her accounts. Pretty goddamn awful really!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oldies slipping on icy doorsteps. Opportunist thieves hanging round waiting (in the dark) for oldies to be on their doorstep.

Not the best idea.
Message 10 of 11