Christmas on The Community - 2023

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 799 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Good afternoon everyone 😊

As the 25 December 2023, is only 40 days away, I wanted to drop a post to discuss what we can do on The Community over the festive period 🎄

I would LOVE IT, if more members could get involved next month, when we run some marvelous merry activities santa

Please share your ideas by commenting below and what you can get involved with, so we can confirm a plan!! 

It would be fantastic to come up with some new content that we've not previously seen on The Community 😎

To kick us off I've shared some options below ↘️

• Share your Christmas traditions.
  • Community Christmas Music Playlist.
  • Christmas Gift Ideas/Discussion.
  • Christmas Movie Discussion.
  • Favourite Christmas Recipes.
  • Sharing Christmas Decorations
  • Christmas Trivia Quiz 

I'm also tagging the members who got involved in our recent Halloween content, apologies if i've missed anyone  ↘️

@Cleoriff@TallTrees@pgn@Spenny@BobM@J9el@jonsie@Enlli@gmarkj@madasaf1sh@MI5@Mi-Amigo 

giphy (1).gif

iPhone 16 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian @jonsie ... xx ... xx

For me it is another Christmas-time on my own ..... without my mum Olwen & dad Roy ..... 1st without my much loved soulmate rescue cat 17 Marty (still grieving over him not being here) ... ... ... he enjoyed moist turkey and tuna in springwater ..... the Christmas tree never bothered him much ..... he always liked 'sloppy food' ... not one for a fish from the chippy unlike Wispa a previous all black cat.

My lad, never one to plan for Christmas early will be visiting his in-laws on Christmas Day ... & ... his dad in New Year ... but ... will be with me in January when I celebrate becoming 70 !

I don't like him driving at christmas-time anyway = too many idiots on the road and it is 2.1/2 hours to get to me, God Willing / All Being Well.

Season's Greetings 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 21 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@RunrigForever 
What happened to the two new rescue cats you got after Marty passsed away?

Last we heard, they were called Dora and Sparkle and in the little bedroom, playing hide and seek.

Not heard about them for ages? 😻

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 56

TallTrees
Level 51: Absolutely Fabulous 
  • 11264 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Agree @Cleoriff  and certain that the cats will love some Christmas fun and treats with @RunrigForever 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 23 of 56

RunrigForever
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Cleoriff & @TallTrees 

I have answered on the Cats and Dogs thread

Thank you for remembering and your kind wishes xx 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 24 of 56

RunrigForever
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to do ... ... ... the MAGIC of CHRISTMAS EVE XX slight_smile

Family Christmases times way back when living with my mum and dad and sister Caroline

The anticipation of what will be in our Christmas sacks at the bottom of the bed

Christmas stockings hanging up over the mantelpiece of the 1950's style fireplace in the dining room and front room we called the lounge ... ... ... 

The first Christmas Eve we had away at our Gran and Granddad' in Staffordshire ... ... ... so different for us two young sisters 

etc etc etc

Now the Magic of Christmas Eve on my own sometimes with friends for an early evening imbibe of Mulled Wine

***DESORMAIS***
Message 25 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I remember those days only too well @RunrigForever 🤗

I'm a bit older than you though and our house was a typical 2 up, 2 down with a later bathroom/toilet built on. An outside toilet and a 'coal hole'. The Coalman used to deliver coal every month.

In the Midlands the living room was called 'the living room' and we never called any room the lounge, it was simply 'the front room'

Lovely memories...Christmas and otherwise. 😊

And...back on topic.....😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 56

RunrigForever
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 ... I should like to do a post on toys please ... ?

From my 1st 'bride doll' ... well that's what I asked Santa for ... to ... Spirograph, my favourite toy of all time, in the top cupboards in the spare bedroom ... no doubt with a lot of other stuff not seen the light of day for years.

My lad was into Teenage Mutant Hero (Ninja in USA) Turtles ... + ... Thomas the Tank Engine ... & ... again, much used in those large top cupboards in the spare bedroom ... = ... Tracey Island.

If we could agree a date @Dave-O2 

Also ... my offer some way above = to do 'The Magic of Christmas Eve' @Dave-O2 

My dear dad Roy, bless him, would do all his Christmas shopping for mum, my sister and me the afternoon, after finishing work until New Year ... the smile on dad's face was a picture.

On a personal note I have to be very, very careful I don't become over-tired from now to the Festive Celebrations.

Season's Greetings to Everyone on O2C

***DESORMAIS***
Message 27 of 56

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 799 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for everyone's input so far on the activities that we have planned, i'm certainly looking forward to seeing what we can produce 😁

@RunrigForever Thanks for your offer to post an Xmas toys thread and The Magic of Christmas Eve.

We currently have Saturday 16 December OR Sunday 17 December free, which day would be best for your Xmas toys post?

Once confirmed i'll update the timetable with the below ↘️

Saturday 16 December OR Sunday 17 December - Xmas toys

Sunday 24 December - The Magic of Christmas Eve.

iPhone 16 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 28 of 56

RunrigForever
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good Morning @Dave-O2 

Sunday 17 December for Christmas TOYS please ... ?

The Magic of Christmas Eve on 24 December, thank you.

How is everyone 'holding up' in the run up to the Christmas Festive Season ... ?

I have to be very very careful I don't overdo it then fall completely flat on Christmas Day.

Call the Midwife programme is on Christmas Day evening.

Season's Greetings to Everyone on O2C xx

***DESORMAIS***
Message 29 of 56

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 799 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks @RunrigForever 

The Xmas timetable has now been updated 🎅

giphy (8).gif