Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Last Saturday I adopted a cat because

• I saw a post from Cat Friends of Hyndburn
  • I was really touched by his sorry story
  • I was wanting a cat and he wanted his own home
  • I've decided that I'm unlikely to go back to Thailand so wouldn't have to leave him without a home again

This is the original story I came across :

😻 ADOPTION IN PROGRESS 😻

🧡 Chester - the forgotten cat 🧡

Wouldn’t you think that after being on the streets for so long, - neglected and with every day a struggle to survive - Chester would have completely lost faith in humans?

Not so. It’s amazing how stoic, resilient and forgiving our beautiful furry friends are. Here is Chester after a week in foster care. He’s possibly the most affectionate, loving and gentle cat we’ve ever had the privilege of caring for.

On Thursday, Chester had all his fur taken off at the vets, apart from his face and legs (the only bits of him not matted). He had his first vaccination, had his gungey ears cleaned out and was microchipped to Cat Friends of Hyndburn. Last week he was also flea and worm treated. The full works 😻

We did buy him a jumper to keep his skinny little body warm but, in true independent cat style, he managed to wriggle his booty out of it on the first night 😻

Chester was probably resigned to living the life of a street cat but thanks to every one of you who donated to his care, we were able to help out the rescue that found him by taking him in and funding his treatment.

We will let you into a secret. Just like all the other rescues who were probably approached to take Chester in, Cat Friends didn’t have any spare funds either. We simply knew that our loyal, caring Cat Friends would come to the rescue and, if not, we would work that bit harder to make sure we could rescue him ♥️♥️

Chester would like to thank you all from the very bottom of his furry ginger boots for giving him the chance of a new life, where he will be loved and treasured for the rest of his days ♥️♥️

Oh, did we forget to mention? Chester’s homecheck has been passed today ♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️

I got in touch with them and had  to fill in an initial application form and a few days later a home visit was arranged to check if it was suitabe for a cat and to see if I was a responsible person to look after him.

So, although I expected maybe a couple of weeks before I got him, if indeed I was to get him, they brought him to my home a few days later. They had brought him with his own little coat to keep him warm because his fur had been shaved off. That is apart from his head, his boots and his tail. Honestly, he looks like a minature poodle!joycat
This is the jacket he has:
Image may contain: cat

He eats like a horse and won't leave my lap when I'm in watching TV, which makes eating, drinking and typing a little difficult to say the least!
Hopefully it won't be too long until his fur grows back but in the meantime I won't be letting him out so as to stop all the other cats laughing at him rofl

Some photos I took today:

Chester 18.01.20206.jpg
Chester 18.01.20201.jpg
Chester 18.01.20208.jpg

As he grows I will update on his progress smiling

Message 1 of 139
138 REPLIES 138

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Great story @jonsie He's found a good home with you. Wishing you happy times together.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 139

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
What a wonderful story and sounds as though he rather likes his new home (and owner)!
Sorry to hear about the prospects of returning to Thailand @jonsie.
Hope that you and Chester have a great time together. Just watch out he doesn't follow you to the pub!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 139

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well you boys have a great life together 👍
@jonsie
Look forward to the ongoing story.
Lots of best wishes and happiness TallTrees 😺

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 139

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A lovely touching story.

thank you @jonsie for not only taking in Chester but for creating this thread and sharing the photos and news of this wonderful cat.

I truly hope you and Chester share many happy times together. CatFantastic 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 139

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A wonderful story about Chester 'the forgotten cat' @jonsie 

When you first told me you were getting him I was delighted for you and him.. I know you have always been a dog lover, but a dog would probably prove too difficult as they need walking.

Cats usually do their own thing. What's great about this is, Chester wandered the streets for 2 years, unwanted and with no-one to love or feed him.....then after rescue you decided to take him.

The fact he sits on your lap and the side of your chair shows how much he loves you already.

I am so happy for you both. Heartwarming doesn't come close heartCat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
GINGER ALERT!
Message 7 of 139

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Chester looks like he's not going to take any sh*t from anyone - nice, @jonsie, congrats!
Message 8 of 139

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cool cat @jonsie slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 139

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course @Anonymous will say he looks like Marty rofl (he does) I have a ginger cat called Gizmo but he has no white markings at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 139