Cats crap / Dogs doody

Dogs have masters / Cats have staff / All pigs are equal tongue Bouncy LOL

Message 1 of 1,122
1,121 REPLIES 1,121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Hope he's back to his normal self soon. slight_frown

thank you @jonsie ... he's sitting on the windowsill gazing outside atm ... the laptop is in the little bedroom which I use as a sort of work room ... then I suppose he will be 'in his nest' on the duvet in the spare bedroom ie not with me slight_frown

Still tomorrow is another day & one to ring the vets ... so fingers crossed

Cat

Message 1101 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 123912 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Yes I hope he improves @Anonymous though must admit none of my three have eaten much at all today or yesterday. They never do when its hot. I just make sure they have plenty of water available. Never heard the one about putting toothpaste on a cats paws before? Seems a bit strange if honest. Also if he has any grazes on his paws...then toothpaste would sting?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1102 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your support @Cleoriff

Marty bit me hard in the fleshy part of my left hand during the night ... he'd been indicating he wanted to go outside ie pawing my lip with claws out in a slow gentle movement ... so out he went ... he's not long come in ... looked & me-owed at me wistfully ... ate a few bicis ... need to go out & get his favourite food as won't eat any more of that Butchers classic ... he loves meat mixed in with gravy ... he is now on a pile of soft material 'cheesing' comfortable on the old wooden desk in my workroom ... vets open about 8:30am  

Message 1103 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vets appointment at 11:00am ... = ... maybe going over my overdraft for taxi's / donation to vets / catfood Marty eats ... = ... so be it ... the cat comes first 

Message 1104 of 1,122

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good luck with the vet appointment hope all goes well! Cat

Message 1105 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all above  ^  ^  ^  for your support

Marty is on loxicom (pain relief) to be dropped by syringe on his food once a day

atm wet food variety he will eat

toothpaste can be splodged on outside of his mouth for him to lick off

appointment with same lovely lady vet in 10 days time

With the change in indoors behaviour = sleeping in strange places ... I thought he's a gonner

I won't have him sufferring

Cat

Message 1106 of 1,122

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 1107 of 1,122

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123912 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Jane do you remember about 8 months ago when I was so worried about Bugsy. Change of eating habits...lost all his personality flopped around lying in unusual places etcetc. You will know that I reached a decision that he wouldn't last much longer and virtually had a last trip to vet planned? Then slowly but surely he started to pick up. I realised that I was forgetting he was getting old and was thinking the worst. Well in 3 days time he will be 19. My vet told me for an old man he is fine. He only has about 3 teeth left but still eats more than the other two. Make sure Marty is wormed properly (this can make them poorly) I am sure with his pain relief he will soon start to improve. Fingers crossed heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1108 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @Cleoriff ... great to know Bugsy is very soon to be19

Yes, worming up to date, use Borderline from vets = does fleas & internal parasites, it's once a month on the back of the neck

Vet says to let him have what food he wants = Sheba chicken in turkey sauce,  it's all mixed in & is 7 trays for £1 at Morrisons, other flavours available + I'm giving him cat soup, 5 sachets for £1 I think ... Royal Canin bicis for his age / fussy eaters / for his teeth ... he won't eat Hills ... he's had 3 trays of Sheba today

Got appointment with same vet a week on Monday

He had his temperature taken today & vet used her stethoscope

He's gone outside for a stroll 1/2 hour ago

I'm relieved with what you've reminded me of re: above with Bugsy heart

Message 1109 of 1,122

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening guys,

how are your cats and dogs doing this week? slight_smile

I am super ashamed to say I forgot my Drake's birthday on the 17th June. 😞 I should probably make it up somehow... any suggestions? tongue Do you celebrate cat/dog b-days?

Message 1110 of 1,122