Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 888
887 REPLIES 887

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4611 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit late to this but good news and happy for you @RunrigForever 

Message 871 of 888

RunrigForever
  • 2544 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your kindness @BobM xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 872 of 888

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to be late with my post @RunrigForever . Good to hear you`ve adopted two cats and, from the sounds of it, looks like they are settling in their new home with you.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 873 of 888

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2544 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Mi-Amigo for your kind words above ..... I read your post in real time off my phone = just not in the right place to post properly xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 874 of 888

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 591 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Ah that's sad news no what's it like when a pet dies it feels like when you come home from work no one to greet you at the door they become part of the family 

Message 875 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Pipstop78, in case you were worried, it's good news now.

@RunrigForeverLost her 17 year old rescue cat Marty in April of this year. Now the grief has lessened, she has rehomed two new cats called Dora and Sparkle from the Rescue centre. Lovely to give two unwanted cats a home. They are currently settling in. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 876 of 888

RunrigForever
  • 2544 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Pipstop78 and @Cleoriff ... hope you are both alright this morning and not too badly affected by Storm Agnes.

Thank you @Cleoriff for tagging me.

Yes, @Pipstop78 I have adopted a 'bonded pair' = mother cat and daughter, Dora & Sparkle as Cleoriff has said to you above, thank you Cleoriff. The pair had been the longest at YCR Yorkshire Cat Rescue 167 days, had one failed adoption, and despite lots of advertising these lovely cats nothing was happening for them. 9 years 5 months old, such quiet loving cats. They were with a foster carer so that they could have the quiet they like and it encouraged them to come out of themselves and play with their toys and human foster carer. They are in the spare bedroom = all kitted out for them ... ... ... YCR have been extremely helpful and professional, totally caring for the cats in their care, sometimes just dumped ... their premises are down a farm track off the Halifax road out of Keighley ... and ... such as viewing is all by appointment only ... I have been on YCR 'mailing list' for quite some time ... and ... always enjoy a mooch around their charity shop in town in Craven Court ..... being a Crazy Cat Lady I luv anything cat themed = domestic cat or big wild cat = my favourite is the Tiger ... ... ... I follow the Big Cat Sanctuary on Facebook, a British organisation.

So @Pipstop78 ..... *Fingers Crossed* All Good Here ..... will try and post some pictures in the near future ..... I have an A3 size canvas block print of Marty on the landing and I say Goodnight to him every evening ... well, I did say I am a Crazy Cat Lady ... & ... Proud to be so ... ... ... Take care of yourself @Pipstop78 and @Cleoriff too ..... XX slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 877 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

How are Dora and Sparkle getting on @RunrigForever?

Haven't heard much about them recently.

Hope they are well and you can post some pictures of them  soon xx 🤗

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 878 of 888

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11031 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

Yes that would be very nice 

Some photos of your friends Dora and Sparkle @RunrigForever 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 879 of 888

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2544 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff & @TallTrees 

Dora & Sparkle .....

Dora,  snowy white with brown tail & ears - as tiny as a kitten, the mother cat 11

Sparkle the daughter cat, black / white 9, chubby

They slept under the duvet at the bottom of my bed = I was unhappy about this. Even under the sheet I have between duvet & me. Always in the same places. During the night at silly o' clock I would wake up to find little Dora on me about my middle side. I gently placed her at the bottom of the bed, but she wasn't having any of it - even putting her outside my bedroom with door closed = she was very vocal and scratching the door. I wasn't getting much restful sleep. Both cats shunned the cat blankets I scrunched up into a sort of nest for each of them on top of my duvet at the bottom of the bed. They must have loved me because they both purred. Sparkle was the more laid back & would come to me for head boomps ..... Dora just did her own thing. They must have been playing during the night because their toys were all over upstairs. Downstairs in the living had lots of tufts of white fur.

I reluctantly rang YCR (Yorkshire Cat Rescue) and explained to them. They were very nice & understanding. I tried they said & I did try. I thought I could give a 'bonded pair' of Senior Cats a good life. The only time I got a cuddle was when putting them in their separate cat carry baskets = they were both sleepy. Of course Dora  was very vocal when she realised ... whereas ... Dora quietly turned  to face the other way.

I had a big supermarket bag of supplies for them to go with ... & ... donated £50 online. The pleasant mature YCR lady who came to pick them up was very nice too and gently enquired why? ... ... ... GOOD NEWS = they were quickly Re-Homed and I keep in touch with YCR via their online web page.

I still feel a failed cat mom ... had cats since being a kid ... sorry unable to post a photo of them as it is just beyond my tech capabilities, however have a few of them in the 9" space or so between back of headboard of bed and the window wall ... ... ... little Dora at the back with bigger Sparkle at the front protecting her.

I will continue to support YCR, which is between Keighley and Haworth. I don't drive and a good friend took me to them initially & I repaid her by treating us to time out at 'Billy Bob's' = an ice cream parlour American style done out diner.

[I now need to register online for a course of Top Tips during Winter for people with chronic illness' - GP led from the medical place I am registered with an NHS doctor at]

***DESORMAIS***
Message 880 of 888