Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 884
883 REPLIES 883

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
One of our previous cats loved cheese, and both of the current ones will take some if offered.
Sammy, the grey boy, also likes gravy and some meat (chicken and gammon) but Benjie (the ginger) won't take anything.
We get told by several neighbours that both of them visit and will taste test whatever cat food they have down.
Even the dog in one house doesn't deter them from trying!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 711 of 884

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36135 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

... and sunshine too 🌞🤠

IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

(a few minutes ago...) 

Message 712 of 884

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25187 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They look happy in the sunshine @pgn 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 713 of 884

Cleoriff
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

... and sunshine too 🌞🤠

IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

(a few minutes ago...) 

I'm not sure whether this happening in Ireland @pgn  but here in England, there are so many dogs being stolen. From gardens, or worse still when you are out walking with your dogs even when they are on leads. Local police forces are issuing warnings constantly. It is getting worse.

Gangs of people are operating. Putting cable ties on lampposts outside homes with dogs. Even spraying  a circle of paint on the payment to show the houses with dogs.

Disgusting!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 714 of 884

pgn
  • 36135 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

They look happy in the sunshine @pgn 

They are not the only ones, @Mi-Amigo... Or so the Signs are indicating 🤣

Message 715 of 884

pgn
  • 36135 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:

I'm not sure whether this happening in Ireland @pgn  but here in England, there are so many dogs being stolen. From gardens, or worse still when you are out walking with your dogs even when they are on leads. Local police forces are issuing warnings constantly. It is getting worse.

Gangs of people are operating. Putting cable ties on lampposts outside homes with dogs. Even spraying  a circle of paint on the payment to show the houses with dogs.

Disgusting!

Happening here too, @Cleoriff - also price for a pup from a breeder has more than tripled in the last year.

Have not noticed cable ties, except those left over from elections a couple of years back. Will pay closer attention when out in the surroundings... 

Also heard on R2 yesterday PM that many are looking at getting a dog as a pet - perhaps a handy excuse to get out in the fresh air. Interesting. 

Message 716 of 884

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Neighbour of ours was looking to get a puppy.
Only problem is the price - £2,700 for a golden retriever!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 717 of 884

Cleoriff
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good grief @gmarkj . I would try a rehoming centre first!

As for this sentence @pgn 

Also heard on R2 yesterday PM that many are looking at getting a dog as a pet - perhaps a handy excuse to get out in the fresh air. Interesting.

I hope people remember a dog is for life, not just for lockdown.

I've read of so many being abandoned already. Just awful.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 718 of 884

pgn
  • 36135 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, @gmarkj - we keep an eye on gumtree, as both our boys in the picture up there came via that route (cats we have always got from rehoming center, but dogs as pups from a reputable source when there are youngsters in the house, an older dog from a rehoming centre can be unpredictable around children). Prices for our Lab, same breeder, have shot up to 1200, and the Shepherd who came from a private seller (gorgeous Mum he had) can be around 1000 here, and up to 2,200 or more in Glasgow... I guess the bigger dog is not as easy to sell as the slightly smaller Lab.

As for thieves, @Cleoriff, I can't see the value as family pets, unless they are stealing dogs for other purposes..

Large or Medium dogs are not cheap to house, feed, exercise, treat or repair (!) - the cost in vacuum cleaners alone can be limiting 😉

Message 719 of 884

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, @gmarkj - we keep an eye on gumtree, as both our boys in the picture up there came via that route (cats we have always got from rehoming center, but dogs as pups from a reputable source when there are youngsters in the house, an older dog from a rehoming centre can be unpredictable around children). Prices for our Lab, same breeder, have shot up to 1200, and the Shepherd who came from a private seller (gorgeous Mum he had) can be around 1000 here, and up to 2,200 or more in Glasgow... I guess the bigger dog is not as easy to sell as the slightly smaller Lab.

As for thieves, @Cleoriff, I can't see the value as family pets, unless they are stealing dogs for other purposes..

Large or Medium dogs are not cheap to house, feed, exercise, treat or repair (!) - the cost in vacuum cleaners alone can be limiting 😉

We suggested a rehoming centre @Cleoriff , but as @pgn says if you have young children then pups are best - and they have a (soon to be) 4 year old...

Message 720 of 884