Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 895
894 REPLIES 894

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Years ago I had two rescued cats - Bernie ( named after George Bernard Shaw) and Lou (named after Robert Louis Stevenson). If I had to take them to the vets, Lou would go into her cat carrier basket, no problem, but Bernies hated it and would kick up a fuss. To get Bernie to the vet, I had to put her fav blanket on the backseat of the car, put her on it, and she`d curl up as good as gold and never moved as I drove to the vets - and same coming home, even after being in the vets.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 291 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous  Malone never having a tail didn't affect his ability to jump and climb.

Getting him in the cat basket was a nightmare, particularly when we had 6 cats and they went to a cattery when we were on holiday. It was the most stressful time for all of us and had to be handled like a military operation.

Cat baskets brought in 2 days before and covered over with a sheet. Doors and windows closed once all cats in. Bedroom doors shut even if one or two cats in there. Once the first cat was in their basket, the rest went beserk.

One time we could NOT find Malone. (A mistake not getting him in first) After 30 minutes we found him. We had a chair on a circular base with a footrest. He had climbed up the circular base and was hiding on the mechanics of the footrest. I was on my hands and knees  before we found the little sod!!

We were late to the cattery that day.

After that I decided it would be much better if one of my sons came to cat sit. That still happens to this day, even though we are now down to 2 cats.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 292 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo  & @Cleoriff 

it is such a palaver getting cats into carry baskets isn't it Cat Tongue

I've not tried to take any of my cats into a car without a basket ... I use taxi's to and from the vets so I'd say a cat has to be in a carry basket

Brilliant @Cleoriff  to have your son stay & cat-sit Cat Very Happy ... my next door neighbour has cats ... & ... we look after each other's cat(s) when needed which works very well Cat Happy

I'd not made my bed this morning when I went into town ... = ... my bad

All my cats have luvved nestling on an unmade bed 

tbh though, I think this is the 1st time with Marty ... he usually settles on my commandeered fluffy dressing gown(s) at the bottom of my bed ... or ... if the central heating is on he likes to be snuggling up to the radiator in the spare room Cat Very Happy

Message 293 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dogs: 

Lots of dogs around town ... & ... on the canal towpath which is a way to the park

I carry a bag of dog treats in my voluminous handbag

I do like dogs ... just other people's

Isn't it good to see that most dogs are now on a harness rather than a dog collar ... must be more comfortable for the dog smiling

Most cafes and pubs in town are dog friendly ... even a designated dog cafe called Kibble

Message 294 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image may contain: cat

Just a lovely pic of mother and kitten Cat Very Happy

Message 295 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lovely picture Jane x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 296 of 895

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That is so cute @Anonymous and thank you for sharing your pix of cats with us on the Good Night thread, I really do enjoy seeing them and although my cats didn`t look yours the pix bring back good memories of mine.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 297 of 895

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Really cute @Anonymous , perfect to start a Monday hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 298 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image may contain: text

Yes heart they can Cat Very Happy kissing_heart cat

Message 299 of 895

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

So true @Anonymous , and what a heartwarming saying that is hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 300 of 895