cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car paintwork, any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As this is the off topic section I thought I'd see if anyone can help!

I have a black 62 reg Fiesta that, thanks to some idiot not pulling over and making me drive close to some bushes, now has a long scratch from front to back on the passenger side.  As the scratch isn't down to the metal (and you can't even feel it when you run your nail over it) I was going to T Cut it.  I then read the reviews for T Cut and people said don't use it on a newer car as, due to the paint finish, it will leave a cloudy mark that won't come off.

I phoned Ford and they have said it's ok to T Cut but having read the reviews I'm wary.  Has anyone tried?  I'm thinking of taking it and getting it cleaned and polished at the weekend to see if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144609 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
You really need a compound called "G3"
T Cut should be OK as long as you polish it afterwards however, make sure the car is clean before you use T Cut as any dirt with cause additional scratches.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

T-cut is okish if you read the instructions & practice on a unseen part of the car first.

You do need to use a clean damp cloth with T-cut.

On a 62 plate car I'd be tempted to seek advice from / pay a SMART repairer due to the cars paintwork / body perforation warranty.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both.  I might look into having it repaired properly but as it's all the way along the side I dread to think how much it will cost!

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Find a local SMART repairer & ask.

If the paintwork isnt badly damaged it may be able to be mopped out by a professional.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just Googled and found one and I'll try and take some pictures later which won't be easy!

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 7