Did you mean: 

Bubble Wrap appreciation

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Apparently, today is bubble wrap appreciation day.

Bubble wrap was created by accident. It was originally made from 2 shower curtains sealed together, and the intention was to make it a wallpaper (perhaps one that you could hit without hurting your knuckles?)... That failed, so it was then made into greenhouse insulation. Also unsuccessful. The perfect purpose for it was discovered a bit later and the first customer to use it as air-cushioned aid for shipping parcels was IBM.

Did you know Bubble Wrap hosts a Young Inventor award every year, encouraging people to find ways to use bubble wrap outside of packaging? grin

What would you use it for?

If you want some extreme bubble wrap popping enjoyment, you could do like this guy:

A bit silly, but I confess that I downloaded an app (game) for popping some bubble wrap. LOL It's pretty good if you're into comparing scores... check mine out, I got 471 in the given time.

Edited to add: the game is free and is called "Pop bubble wrap- The 3DTouch, Widget Game" and I'm playing on iPhone.

Bubble Wrap game

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Ha! Just have to update that I tried again with more conviction this time (after having a few sips of strong coffee) and got 1,431 points in the game. Happy Dance

Message 2 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Always a great day at work on Jan 30th.
My place of work manufactures the bubbles that go in between the polyurethane sheets to create the bubble wrap sheeting.
We develop and pack 4-45mm bubbles
Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you order a big roll of bubble wrap.....what does it arrive in? Thoughful

Message 4 of 33

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
A plastic bag on a 6ft tube pre cut to correct width
Message 5 of 33

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I saw a video once (tried to find it but haven't yet, sadly) of a guy wrapping himself in bubble wrap and then rolling down a hill. LOL And also some mates of a crazy guy wrapped the man in an extremely thick roll of bubble wrap, many layers, and made him fall off the roof of a building. He ended up perfectly fine. open_mouth

Message 6 of 33

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@viridis At your work, how do you celebrate the day then? Anything fun? grin

Message 7 of 33

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

POP!

th.jpeg

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 33

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@viridis At your work, how do you celebrate the day then? Anything fun? grin

Well we normally stop production of the spirit level bubbles so we can go online telling people we make the bubble wrap bubbles. 

Message 9 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149275 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
I need a new bubble for my spirit level.....
Can you get me one?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 33