cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Keyboard that can connect to 3 devices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So Logitech is set to release a sub £50 Bluetooth keyboard later this month that can connect to three devices simultaneously so long as they are running Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android or iOS. To switch between devices you just toggle a switch key to the desired device.

I always thought Bluetooth was a one-to-one technology so its great to see this sort of advance being made, and at a great price too!

Does anyone currently use more than one bluetooth keyboard? Or would this make you consider using one for your devices?

Source: http://www.imore.com/logitechs-k480-bluetooth-keyboard-connects-three-devices-simultaneously

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Your link says the keyboard will be $50, not £50, but I suspect your estimation of £50 in the UK will probably be accurate. UK consumers usually get screwed like that.

I already have one Bluetooth keyboard for my tablet which works very well. I don't own three devices that would need a Bluetooth keyboard, and I doubt I ever will. I have Swype on my phone, and that works fine for me.

The only one I know who this might suit is MI5. He has more phones than anyone. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Your link says the keyboard will be $50, not £50, but I suspect your estimation of £50 in the UK will probably be accurate. UK consumers usually get screwed like that.

Yup, I had made that assumption! Generally we always pay the same in Pounds as the americans pay in Dollars!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144415 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The introduction of BT 4.1 allowed devices to support multiple roles simultaneously. As with all things tech, it progresses at a pace these days....
However, I don't own a single BT keyboard and the only use I have for it is to connect to my car, which it can now do for voice, data and music transfer - so I'm happy slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Yup, I had made that assumption! Generally we always pay the same in Pounds as the americans pay in Dollars!

But you're forgetting that our cost includes VAT and nothing more. The US cost neglects to mention things like sales taxes and the really-not-talked-about warranty period. Compared to Europe, the US has no such luxury as we do with faulty items 6 months down the line so the cost factor is built in to our pricing. 

Going back to the keyboard: its a BT KVM! Useful in some cases but not many unless you have a gadget filled room.

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

But you're forgetting that our cost includes VAT and nothing more. The US cost neglects to mention things like sales taxes and the really-not-talked-about warranty period. Compared to Europe, the US has no such luxury as we do with faulty items 6 months down the line so the cost factor is built in to our pricing. 

Going back to the keyboard: its a BT KVM! Useful in some cases but not many unless you have a gadget filled room.

Not wanting to stray too far off topic, but the US cost doesn't mention sales tax because it differs from state to state, with 5 states having no statewide sales tax. If you buy online or have it shipped from one state to another there's usually no sales tax at all. And no US sales tax in any state comes close to the 20% we pay here. I've also never heard of a warranty for an electrical item being less than a year in the US.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6