cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Passport Announcement Thread 24/09/14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon!

With less that 30 minutes until the launch of the BlackBerry Passport I decided to setup this announcement thread as I'm not expecting an official thread from O2!

Please leave your constructive thoughts here to try and keep this launch info and members thoughts all in one thread. (If possible :smileyhappy: )

Please try to remain On Topic.

You can follow the launch in the BlackBerry Live Stream here: http://live.blackberry.events/

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol...It is quiet in here...

How about we ask the social media team again? @Anonymous , @KimberleyH or @Anonymous , can u kindly help us out? Is it worth it to wait for o2 to lauch the passport or do we need to get it from carphone warehouse?

thanks.

Message 51 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145210 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
You need to go to CPW - Many times recently O2 have had the chance to comment on the availability of BB devices and they haven't or won't.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 52 of 73

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That would be my option if I wanted one to be honest. Nothing seems likely at O2 slight_frown

Message 53 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
For anyone in the sim free market, Mobile Phones Direct have this sim free at £439.99!

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/blackberry-passport
Message 54 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 123536 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

When I watched BBC Click yesterday, they were discussing the Passport and seemed very impressed with it.

However, what caught my attention (as it was mentioned only briefly) was when they mentioned a new Blackberry called the Classic? ....Not wanting to take the Passport thread off topic but wondered if anyone else had heard about this model?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 73

MI5
  • 145210 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
It's also known as the Q20 http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_classic-6458.php
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 56 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 123536 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's also known as the Q20 http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_classic-6458.php

Thanks for that @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 73

MI5
  • 145210 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
I've always preferred the "Classic" BB styling tbh.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 58 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back from lunch! So what did i miss? slight_smile

I was tempted to wait for the classic but the keys will be an issue like my BB curve, I need bigger keys for my not very accurate fingers. And I suppose I will enjoy the massive screen and the quality camera.

Message 59 of 73

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The classic keys are more likely to be like the Bold keys, I never liked the Curve keys, the Bold ones are shaped nicely for thumb typing.

Still haven't had the chance to see a Passport in the wild, so will reserve judgement till then, but may just go with a Z30 even though it's older.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 60 of 73