Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 293
Ideas: 6

Apple v Samsung

Looks like both sides have had thier day in court.

Samsung come out on top in S Korea but have to pay Apple some money http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19364875

Apple come out on top in USA and samsung have to pay http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19377261

Win Win for apple but could be bad news for usa consumers.

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Level 10: Inspirational

Re: Apple v Samsung

Apparently there were chants of USA! USA! USA! from the Jury deliberation room.

Not that I'm saying it was fixed, but the result was never in doubt if you ask me.

ewan
Topics: 532

All it actually suceeds in is denying customers of innovation. I'm tired of Apple's moaning and desire to patent evry little thing.... Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547

I just wish Sir Isaac Newton was still around so he could sue Apple!

Level 10: Inspirational

[ Edited ]
It's just a daft situation. Apple have effectively patented a shape, demanding a license fee for it, whilst refusing to pay out for tech they have copied and is licensable under FRAND.

The phrase "only in America" springs to mind.

Anonymous

@MI5 wrote:
 Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....

You mean they didn't ? Smiley Surprised .......what about the wheel ?...surely they invented that ?

Topics: 532

@O2MACH2 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
 Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....

You mean they didn't ? Smiley Surprised .......what about the wheel ?...surely they invented that ?

Oh yeah.... Forgot about that Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 127
Blog Posts: 1

[ Edited ]

Samsung will be able to absorb the cost of the fine however will Apple, if the contested claims are reversed in Samsung's favour? It's not just them, it's Motorola, Google and HTC they are going after too as well.

Could you imagine a world of only over-priced and potentially pointless Apple gadgets around the home and having to deal with so called "Geniuses" when things break down. To me that sounds like a nightmare.

Anyway Apple should join forces with David Guetta and chant "The World is Mine".Smiley Very Happy

I don't want to dwell on this however Apple are monopolising scumbags. And yes I mean, the company not anybody whom owns any of their products.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

It is only a matter of time before Apple will try and patent the English Alphabet so they can stop anyone from selling anything in English without paying royalties per letter.

Still, You have to admire and give them full credit for proving that the "One born every minute" market is full of rich pickings.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

It is only a matter of time before Apple will try and patent the English Alphabet so they can stop anyone from selling anything in English without paying royalties per letter.

No.....but I can imagine they could "invent" the American Alphabet and © that !!

But I still believe they think they invented the wheel :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/apple-campus2-project/Site_Plan_Submittal_4.pdf see page 3

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/screen-shot-2011-08-13-at-12-10-47-pm.png?w=640